28

It didn't.
After Mai opened her mouth to ask a stupid question in an attempt to start small talk the atmosphere changed.

Tears of fear formed in the corner of Shiozaki's eye and the girl ran from the room while chanting what sounded like Latin.

Mai opened and closed her mouth in shock at the girls abrupt exit.
"Alright then."
She muttered quickly exiting the room she originally entered to avoid her fellow students.

"MAI!!!"
Mina shrieked grabbing her friend's arm.
"Come on! It's our turn to go to the hot springs!!
The pink girl shouted pulling Mai towards the hot springs.

Ah yes, sitting naked in a hot pool with other naked people.
"Sounds great."
Mai said sarcastically.

...................

It actually was great.
The warm water soothed aches Mai had forgotten about awhile ago.
She never wanted to leave the hot springs after only stepping in it once.

Of course every good thing has its downsides.
The bad side to bathing in the hot springs was that her amazing hearing picked up conversation from behind the wall next to her.
The boys of class 1-A only spoke of nonsense.
Especially Mineta.

"Mineta is climbing the wall."
Mai stated blandly.
The insane purple haired boy seemed oddly obsessed with seeing his female classmates naked for reasons that were beyond Mai.

"What?!"
Uraraka shreaked jumping into the water.
All of the other girls slipped farther into the pool as well.
Mai sunk until the pleasingly warm water reached her chin.

"Mineta you pervert!!!! You better stop climbing right now!!!"
Toru screamed, even though technically she didn't have anything to worry about.

"Before you become a hero, you should learn how to be a good human."
A young boys voice said from the wall, the statement was quickly followed by the sound of a slap.

"Kota!!! thank you so much!!!"
Mina yelled up to the boy, who glanced down at the mention of his name only to see a bath full of undressed females.
The sight shocked the poor young lad enough to send him falling off the wall.

Mai felt the urge to help but she knew someone would help him, not to mention the fact that she was naked and didn't want to be seen by anyone other than the other girls.

Soon after recovering from the shock the girls quickly began to chatter amongst themselves and the boys did the same.
"Yo, what girl do you think is the most attractive in class 1-A?"
Denki asked Sero and Kirishima.

Mai could hear Sero laugh.
"That depends on what you mean by attractive?"

Kirishima looked the two.
"What do you mean?"
He questioned tilting his head.

"Well like: Mai is really attractive physically, but I don't know if she is girlfriend material. You know? And though Mina isn't as hot as Mai I would prefer her as a girlfriend get it?"
Sero said to his friend.

"Why wouldn't Mai be a good girlfriend?"
Kirishima asked still confused.

Sero and Denki looked at each other then at their friend.
"She's just a little..."

"Cold?"
Denki suggested.

"Distant?"
Sero continued.

"Tough?"
They both finished looking at each other and nodding in agreement.
"And Mina is cute, funny and outgoing!"
Sero said but shrugged.
"If it was a one night stand sorta thing then I guess Mai would be good for that..."

"Oh! So you're saying that Mina would be better to have a steady relationship with because she's cute and outgoing.
While Mai, a girl neither of you have really tried to get to know, would be better to fuck and then leave simply because she acts distant and is tough?!"
Kirishima said his voice raising slightly.

Denki scoffed.
"Well it sounds horrible when you say it like that-"

"It is horrible! these girls are our friends the fact that you guys can talk like this about them so nonchalantly is fucked up."
He pulled himself from the pool to distance himself from his friends.
"If you're gonna talk like that I think you guys might like hanging out with Mineta more than me."
He said walking away leaving his friends in their confusion and guilt.

"H-hey wait- that's not-"
Sero stuttered looking after his retreated friend.
Denki put a hand on Sero's shoulder, guilt written across his expression.
"He's right bro."

What The group of boys didn't know was Mai herself was unintentionally listening to their conversation.

A/N
Btw
in case you haven't noticed
because of Mai's past and the fact that she wasn't actually raised
by someone and was obviously very sheltered
she is very ignorant when it comes to sex
and things like that

Not sure if it's going to come into play that often but it still seems like something that should be mentioned.

(P.s in case you haven't noticed I love conflict of any kind)