RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE

Benjamin was sitting by Shana's bedside holding her hand as he watched her sleep. They had put her on sedatives to help her calm down and it started kicking in less than an hour later. One of the nurses stepped into her room to check up on her. "Dr. Franklin. Would you like some coffee or tea or anything to drink?"

"You know what I'm just going to stretch my legs and head to the cafeteria."

"Okay doctor."

Benjamin just left when the doctor who examined Shana walked up to her room. "Where's her husband?"

"He just left for the cafeteria."

"Thanks."

*****

Benjamin was just seated with his chicken mayo sandwich and orange juice when a female doctor with her dark hair tied in a ponytail walked up to him. "Dr. Benjamin Franklin?"

"That's me."

"I'm Dr. Tracey McLeod. I was the one who examined your wife."

"Oh no Shana and I aren't married. She's my girlfriend."

"Oh I...sorry for that. I examined Shana. Turns out she has pneumonia."

"I figured."

"That's not all. Did she tell you exactly what they did to her?"

"No. All I know is the torture and rape, but she didn't go into detail."

"She has bruises and tears. And she was cut with a sharp object. I think maybe a glass bottle or something. And she has burn marks too."

Benjamin closed his eyes and sighed. "Bloody bastards."

"Look, physically she will heal, but I'm worried about the emotional scars."

"Do you know a good psychiatrist?"

"I do...but he's going to charge."

"I don't care. I just want to get her the help she deserves."

"I will contact him and let him know."

"Thank you."

Tracey leaned back in her chair and smiled. "So you're a doctor too?"

"Surgical resident. Second year."

"A surgeon. We have a residency spot open here if you're interested."

"Yes, I am. I was thinking about relocating here to be closer to Shana during her trial."

"Well, I'll talk to our Director and let him know. And while I'm at it, I would like to invite you over for dinner."

"Thanks, but I'll pass."

"Well, let me know if you change your mind."

*****

When he was done with his food Benjamin stood up and headed back to Shana's room. He sat down and was about to touch her when she went hysterical. "Don't touch me! Stay away from me! Don't touch me!" She was still half asleep and started hitting Benjamin, but he quickly grabbed her by her wrists. "Hey, hey, hey, Shana, it's me..." Her breath started racing and she looked at him bewildered. "Hey, look at me, Shae. It's me."

"Benji..." She burst out in tears.

"Hey, you're safe now. No one will ever hurt you again. Okay?"

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital."

"No... no...no... Get me out of here! Get me out of here!"

"Nurse!" Benjamin stood up and grabbed onto her shoulders. "Shana, you need to calm down. You need to stay in bed. Doctors orders."

REVENGEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें