🍰 "𝐃𝐢𝐝𝐢"

"Kyaaaaa~!! Mama! Papa! goldfish!"

Sora squealed in so much excitement as she peak in the small pool of goldfish swimming with a pink cotton candy in one hand, and hugging Didi on the other.

Y/N leaned down beside his daughter who is wearing the matching white and pink yukata as her, holding out a scoop for Sora.

"Do you want to try and scoop one?"

The little girl's face brighten up as she set down Didi and handed the cotton candy to her mom.

This is Sora's first summer festival in a nearby town so Y/N and Kei wanted to make it special for the little girl. Picking out matching yukata and hair pins, except for Kei who is wearing his white dress shirt and black pants since he just got off of work when he picked them up.

Sora doesn't want Didi to miss out the fun so she decided to bring her dinosaur plushie with her.

"Nooooo~ papa, the scoop have hole now."

After her failed attempt of scooping one of the biggest goldfish in the pool, she showed her broken scoop to Kei with a pout and in the verge of tears.

Seeing his daughter getting upset just snapped something inside of him that he looked at the smirking stall owner with a piercing glare, that instantly wiped off the smirk on the man's face.

"D-don't worry, little miss. You can have another scoop. For free!"

Sora looked at her parents first then happily accepted the scoop that was handed to her. This time, being as careful as she can until she managed to scoop one goldfish, squealing in joy at finally earning herself a pet.

It's not that Kei and Y/N doesn't want her to have a pet of her own, they just want to teach her first about responsibility because it is not always an easy task that everyone is willing to take. So as early as now, they want her to understand the true meaning of that word.

"I'm gonna feed goldie when we get home, then clean goldie's room~ can we get toys for goldie too, mama?"

Holding the plastic where the goldfish is and his father's hand on the other, Sora looked up to her mama who turned tonher with a smile.

"Of course, baby. We'll buy toys for your goldie as long as you promise to take good care of it."

"Yes, mama!"

The little girl giggled as she happily walk along with her parents.

The place us starting to get crowded by the hour since it is also a weekend the next day so a lot of people have the time to enjoy the festival.

Kei and Y/N were dragged along by Sora to other stalls with games, clearly having fun with her first visit like she has a lot more energy stored in her little body than the adults she's with.

With the exhaustion already taking over her to add her legs getting cramped, they decided to rest on one of the side benches.

"This is why you should at least exercise."

Kei sighed when she just chuckled then knelt down in front of Y/N, removing her slippers so he can massage the part where she is sore.

"I don't have the stamina to exercise, and it is just so tiring."

"That's why you need it to build some stamㅡ Sora?"

He called out for his daughter when he realised that the only one beside his wife on the bench is the bag of goldfish, with his daughter nowhere in sight.

"Where'sㅡ Sora!"

The two immediately get on their feet, totally ignoring the pain on her feet.

ㅡㅡㅡ

"Mama? Papa?"

Sora looked around her to see that she's surrounded with strangers passing by, some even looking at her direction in concern on why a little girl is alone in such a crowded place.

"Didi?"

☆ ☆ ☆

A/N : Thank you all for being so patient with me with the updates. Just a few more chapters left since I don't want everyone to feel that I'm dragging the story for too long. And also because I want to focus on my other stories as well. Niwayssss, take care always and stay awesome!

🍓 🍓 🍓