The Affair {12}

***Connor’s POV***

                “Come on Connor! We’re going to have a fun time tonight,” Luka promised as we walked towards our lockers together.

                I was nervous about a sleepover with Blake, but as long as I stuck with Luka, what could go wrong? Okay, no. Connor, don’t even ask that. Because then everything will go wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. Like, eating your grandma because you thought she was a raisin wrong.

                Hm, maybe I should get some sleep for once.

                Luka opened his locker and began to exchange his books. A piece of paper slid out of his locker and landed at my feet. I bent over to pick it up, wincing at the pain in my back.

                I snatched the paper and handed it to Luka before he could notice that my back was hurting me. My mom might as well have stuck the laundry basket into my back. She had really hurt me this time.

                I pushed the thoughts out of my mind as Luka turned around, that smile that I loved on his face, brightening my own mood. He shut his locker and bounded over to me, kissing me deeply.

                “I love you,” he said, his smile getting brighter.

                “I love you too,” I said, kissing him again.

                I turned as Blake and Felix came up to us. Blake was nodding his head along whatever music was playing out of his iPod.

                His eyes met mine and his expression darkened. “Do you still love me? I am dying to know. Or did you forget what we shared? Out of sight, out of mind, I was never even there,” he sang.

                “But don’t tell your other man, he’s not a part of the plan,” I sang casually, hiding my smirk when his expression darkened even more.

                “Sleepover tonight! Look happy Blake!” Luka said, skipping over to Blake. He pushed the corners of Blake’s mouth up and Blake laughed, swatting Luka’s hands away.

                “I am happy Luka. How can I not be? I get to spend the night with my best friends,” he said, smiling widely at us. He gave me a smug look.

                The bell exploded and the four of us headed off to class together. When the end of the day came, Luka followed me down to my car and we got in together.

                “Tell me that you’re ready, ‘cause I don’t want a hit and run! This ain’t no drive by love, don’t want no hit and run!” Luka sang along with the radio as I pulled out of the parking lot.

                He paused and glanced at me. “Connor, are things between you and Blake better now?” he asked me timidly.

                I reached over, taking Luka’s hand in mine and squeezing it gently. “I guess so, Luka. I hope so,” I said honestly. I just wanted Blake to leave us the hell alone already.

                Luka smiled, looking honestly happy. “Good! I hate it when friends fight. And you and Blake have been best friends for forever,” he said.

                I smiled at Luka since I didn’t have anything to say to that. I reached over and turned up the radio as Born This Way by Lady Gaga came on. Luka and I sang along with the music until I had pulled into his driveway.