The Affair {14}

I could hear the phone ringing and I groaned and pulled my pillow over my head, determined not to wake up yet. It was Sunday, which meant it was the last day I got to sleep in before I had to return to the hell known as high school.

                But the phone just kept ringing. I sighed in relief when it finally stopped, only to groan again when I heard my mom talking loudly, right outside of my room.

                “Yes, yes. We’ll be there in a few minutes. We’re just getting ready,” she was saying. I could hear her pounding on the bathroom door.

                Damn bathroom, being right across from my room.

                “Are you almost ready Ian?” she called to my dad.

                “Yea, go start the car,” my dad called back.

                “Hi, I’m an adult, and I feel the need to talk excessively loud in the morning,” I grumbled against my pillow.

                I listened until I heard the sound of the garage door opening and shutting, meaning that my parents had left to go eat at my grandma’s house. I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to get back to sleep.

                I yelped as my phone buzzed on my dresser, scaring the living hell out of me. I reluctantly pulled the pillow off of my face and slapped around for my phone. I always checked my texts messages, just in case Luka was trying to reach me.

                From: Luka

                Good morning Connor! I made a face out of my breakfast, but it was a sad face because I’m not with you :’(

                I chuckled and smiled. He was so freaking adorable.

                I replied to him before getting out of bed and making my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a poptart and began to chew on it, thinking.

                Hm…I should definitely surprise Luka today. I would make him think that we couldn’t hang out, and then I would show up to his house. Maybe I’d bring a gift for him. Luka loved when I did cute, cliché things for him.

                My phone buzzed again and I flipped it open, reading the message. I replied, smiling. I would make Luka happy today.

                From: Luka

                Can we hangout today Connor? I miss you :c

                To: Luka

                I miss you too :c But I have to help my neighbors out, and I need the money. Sorry baby. I’ll call you tonight, though<3

                I shoved my phone in my pocket and went to my bedroom. I got ready and grabbed my wallet before going out to my car and getting in.

                I drove to Wal-Mart and looked around until I found a giant stuffed cat. I don’t know why, but Luka had some odd obsession with stuffed cats.

                Oh dear lord. Please don’t let my boyfriend turn into a cat lady.

                Shaking that thought out of my head, I paid for the stuffed cat. I left the store and drove to Luka’s favorite coffee placed. I ordered his favorite iced coffee and a donut before leaving.