Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Three Years Later

(August 15, 2015)

Noon

Lucca's Point of View

I look at myself in the mirror, adjusting my tie and trying to find any imperfections with my suit. I don't find any lint on the dark blue fabric, it's perfect. I just couldn't help, but worry though. I never thought today would come. Of course, ever since Nathan proposed, time has just flown by.

I sigh dreamily thinking about how sweet his proposal was.

♂♡♂

We were vacationing in San Francisco, I thought it was a normal vacation like some of the others were. We've gone to Mexico, Colorado, and Virginia in the past, but he never proposed there. I honestly thought he would've in Mexico or some of the times we went to Disneyland. I asked him a few days after he proposed and he laughed, "That would be too obvious. I wanted to surprise you!". He pulled me into a bear hug and spun me around.

He definitely did. On the second day of hanging around San Fran, it was starting to get late and Nathan suggested we visit the Palace of Fine Arts since our dinner reservation was at 7:30PM. It's a beautiful location on the water with a dome building that was probably inspired by Greek and Roman architecture. It felt like being in another world.

As we continued to explore, I let my mind just wander, enjoying how simple and beautiful it was. There were candles lit, leading us to the rotunda. The soft piano music that was playing throughout the palace fit perfectly with the building.

"This is incredible..." I whisper, looking all around me.

Nathan let go of my hand and instead put his arm around my waist, pulled me close to him and placed a kiss on my cheek, "I knew you'd love it. It gets better."

We continued walking through the empty halls. It's crazy how it wasn't very busy...

The piano music grew louder as we got closer. I couldn't explain it then, but my heart started racing with anticipation.

We entered the rotunda, and there was a beautiful black grand piano at the far end of the room. There were candles everywhere and rose petals leading us to the very middle of the room. I gasped and let Nathan guide me to the middle. This was like a dream...

When we made it to the middle of the room, Nathan let go of my waist and faced me, holding both my hands in his.

"I love you, Lucca," He says softly and kisses my forehead, "These past few years have been some of the best years of my life with you and Matthew in my life. I want a life with you both that'll last forever."

My heart clenched with pure joy that it was almost painful with all my love for him overflowing. I felt the tears in my eyes just stream down while I smiled from ear to ear.

Nathan gets on one knee and let's go of my hand, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a dark blue velvet box

"YES!" I blurted out and got on my knees hugging him.

He laughed and looked at me a little teary eyed, "Baby, I haven't asked yet. Get up honey and let me start."

I nodded and chuckled a little, as I got up.