Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

(May 27, 2011)

7:20 AM

Nathan's Point of View

"Nathan!" A voice hisses and shakes me.

I groan in confusion and rub my eyes, "What...?"

It was bright in my room, it was hard to get my sleepy eyes to adjust. When it did, I could finally see it was my mom shaking me awake. She's dressed up and looks like she was ready to go somewhere important. It wasn't flashy, mom is wearing a beige turtleneck, with blue jeans, black high heels, gold hoop earrings, her silver Rolex watch, and black Gucci sunglasses... I mean- the Rolex is definitely a little over the top. I guess when you're an A list actress you kinda have to be flashy...

"What's going on?" I grumble and slowly try to sit up.

I see my mom roll her eyes through her dark sunglasses, "Get dressed, we need to get going."

"Where are we going?" I blink to try and have my eyes adjust to the late and look at my alarm clock, "Mom it's 7..."

"Nathan, I'm serious. Get ready in five minutes. We need to leave for Mexico."

"Mexico?!" I gasp, "Why there?"

"Nathan get dressed now!" She snaps and walks off, "We're running late, your brother is already ready!" She yells on her way down the stairs.

I get up and walk over to my closet, just grabbing whatever I find. I grab a white t-shirt, black hoodie, ripped jeans, and black Nike's. At least it was nice enough and I wouldn't look like a mess. I walk over to my bathroom and brush my teeth quickly. Afterwards, I jog down the stairs and see my mom waiting impatiently while my brother, Dylan, is listening to his ipod. He's 11 so of course he probably doesn't care about what's going on right now.

"Let's go!" Mom says and walks out the door. We follow behind her and follow her into the Mercedes-Benz passenger van.

Once I get settled in my seat, I notice my mom is texting quickly on her iPhone.

"Mom why are we going to Mexico?" I ask, yawning a little at the end.

She rolls her eyes, "I've been signed on to guest star in a show that's being shot in Mexico. We're going to be there for the summer." She shrugs and resumes texting.

My jaw drops. Oh my god. "What do you mean the whole summer?"

She sighs, "The whole summer."

"Why can't I stay home? I'm pretty sure we won't even see you throughout the day while we're in Mexico. What difference would it make if we were in LA instead?"

"Nate," She starts and takes a deep breath before continuing, so I'm obviously getting on her nerves, "I would just feel better having you in the same country as me... Besides you'll get some modeling opportunities and I signed you and Dylan up for a soccer camp throughout the summer."

"Mom!" Dylan and I start, but she glares at us. I guess she didn't have her morning expresso to have the patience to deal with us.

"Boys, I think it's a good idea-" She starts, but Dylan huffs and interrupts.

"Mom that's so unfair, I had plans with my friends for the summer," Dylan whines.

She glances at her phone for a second and sighs, "Staying inside and playing video games all day doesn't count as 'plans'. This topic isn't up for discussion so suck it up. I'm done talking, if you keep complaining I'll also take away your phones and iPods away for the rest of summer."