/note

Hello all! Even 4 years later, the views, completed reads, and comments on this story STILL astound me. You guys have made this such a special experience for me and have inspired me to keep writing and keep creating. This is my little introduction post.

I'm Candace MJ. Most people online call me MJ, and my irlers call me Candace or MJ. Whichever ya like.

A few things about me:

- I'm a graphic designer living in Louisiana.
- This is my first publically published full-length novel!
- I began mapping out this story at some point in 2013, started posting it on Wattpad in 2015, and completed it in 2016. I've been continually updating and revising it over the past 4+ years.
- I have been plotting out the sequel in my mind for years, but I graduated college and life got hard!!

A COUPLE OF FAVORS TO ASK:

As you now know, there are two kind of major parts to Aspen's story. And while I've got some leeway on the mindreading part (because it's fictional... to my knowledge), I am not, nor have I ever been, in the witness protection program. Honestly, my knowledge of the WPP begins and ends with Our Lips Our Sealed, the Mary Kate and Ashley movie. ...So what I mean is that if one of you catch something or some fact about the WPP that I've written that is so far-fetched or incorrect, you gotta tell me.

Another thing that I'd like for you to call me out on is my privilege!!! If you've by any chance clicked on my profile, you'll see a picture of me and know that I am a white girl. I've never faced any of the hardships of a minority. I haven't said yet what ethnicity Elijah is, but if you were paying any attention at all, you can probably infer that he isn't white. The ethnicity that I've chosen for him isn't something that really drives the story, per se, but when I started developing Chameleon, that was the way I'd pictured him. (His ethnicity is in the tags if you had happened to look at those.) SO. If you or anyone you know IS this particular ethnicity... PLEASE INBOX ME. I have so many questions for you! Google and movies can only do so much for me, and most of the time movies skew the reality. Representation is something that's really important to me. So if anything I write about Elijah or his family is somehow offensive or mischaracterized, TELL ME!

Lastly, I want to meet the lovely people that are reading my story! Please feel free to comment or message me or tweet me or anything! I REALLY REALLY appreciate any and all feedback!!! I want to know what you think, what you like/dislike, what you had for breakfast this morning, etc.

Before you read, please be aware that the following content warnings apply to this novel:
• death
• anxiety
• ADD
• bodily harm (not self-inflicted)
• mental abuse
• underage alcohol consumption
Death is a major theme throughout. One character deals with anxiety and another with ADD. One character is mentally abused. Two characters get in a car accident. One character abuses alcohol (only once). There are ZERO graphic scenes. I will put a CW before the chapters that describe bruising, car accidents, alcohol abuse, or a death scene.

Thank you for taking the time to read Chameleon! THANK YOU. My goodness, thank you.