Deaf Daisy

Before you get too excited, this update is not about a sequel, sadly. :( (But don't give up on me!)

I'm here because I am writing again! Which is better than not writing at all! Right?

Here's why I'm writing: The groundbreaking To All The Boys I've Loved Before movie inspired me to try my hand at some of that time-tested contemporary teen fiction that WattPad is famous for. It's gonna be different from Chameleon. No superpowers, no evil villains, no saving the world. Just a couple of angry teens in high school, because can't we all relate to that?

Here's the "back cover summary":

17-year-old Daisy Miller is perfectly fine. Really, she's fine. Until Cannon Kane, the boy who gave her the nickname Deaf Daisy in the second grade, suddenly stops talking, and he is transferred into her classes in hopes he will learn American Sign Language and begin communicating with his teachers again. Guess who has no intention of learning ASL? Cannon. And guess who has no intention of helping him? Daisy. 

A coming-of-age story about loss, love, and peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

If that peaks a smidgeon of your interest, here's a little excerpt:

They call me Deaf Daisy.

As one learns in elementary school English language arts classes, alliteration is a powerful literary technique that aids in memorization.

While not extremely clever, I never expected the nickname brought upon me by a group of seven-year-olds to be a product of a lengthier thought process than is to be expected from a seven year old.

They thought I didn't know what they called me. What Deaf Daisy can't hear won't hurt her. But I knew.

It started to hurt less and less as the years passed. What began as playground teasing among children turned into nothing more than a monicker with which to write me off by.

"Who's she?"

"Oh, that's just Deaf Daisy."

As if, because I cannot hear, I am defined ultimately by the fact that I cannot hear. They cannot communicate with me, so they have no reason to try to learn any other, perhaps more clever, descriptor of Daisy.

I'm just Deaf Daisy.

Aaaaand here's the link to read it. https://www.wattpad.com/627188161-1-deaf-daisy

Love y'all, and thanks for always supporting me. Here's my baby Eli just because. :)

 :)