Chapter 12

At around 11.30, Sanya calls me up, again, and I roll my eyes, mentally. Did her Boss tell her to find out whether I ate, or not?

"Yes, Sanya?" reluctantly, I answer the call, falling back on my pillow. "We're having a Ludo match in my room. Come over!", she invites and I wrinkle my nose, rolling over to my laptop.

"Uhm...", I pretend to 'think about it', while scrolling through a movie website on my laptop. "...you guys carry on, I'm cool", I decline the offer and Sanya sighs. "Navya, come on. It'll be fun. Moreover, I'm the only girl there, it's going to be awkward", she nags. Then, don't go? How about that?

"Come on, yaar. You've been staying in all day", she makes an attempt to persuade me. "I'm actually still jet-lagged, Sanya. I need some rest", I lie. "But it's just Ludo", she stresses. But I hate staying around people.

"Carry on. Please. I'm too tired", I stick to my words. "Ugh. Fine!", she grunts in annoyance. "Thanks for the offe--", even before I end my sentence, she hangs up. Whatever.

I tuck myself under my blanket and continue my search for a good movie. I've been scrolling for the past two hours. Finding movies is a long process from me - I look up for a movie, check the ratings and read through reviews. And if there are more than three bad reviews, I'd move on to find another one. Sometimes, I end up being so annoyed with myself that I just shut off everything and go to bed. I honestly need to stop being so picky with movies. It's frustrating.

Ten minutes later, my phone vibrates under my pillow, again. "God, Sanya!", I mutter under my breath and blindly fetch my phone.

Oh. It's not Sanya.

It's Darshan. I read his message from the lock-screen.

Darshan Sir : Why aren't you coming?

I stare at the message for an entire minute. Just to keep him waiting for a tad bit. There's no harm in that.

Me : I'm tired.

He reads the message and starts typing back instantly, unlike me.

Darshan Sir : FYI, we're not running a marathon.

Me : I don't feel like.

Darshan : If you're going stay in and cut off connections, you'll never feel like doing anything.

Darshan : We're in Sanya's room. Come, Navya.

"Nooooo", I dramatically grunt and bury my face on my pillow. I don't want to get out of bed, why can't they understand?

"Oh, you changed your mind?", Sanya scoffs the moment I walk into her room. "Navya! Hi. I forgot you exist in our team", Naveen waves and I smile, awkwardly, pushing strands of my hair behind my ear. Darshan's on Sanya's bed, fidgeting on his phone, and he spares a moment to look up at me. Our eyes meet and at once, both of us look aside. Awkward. Awkward. Awkward.

"Do you want it mixed with Coke?", Sean questions, holding up a Rock's glass, and I stare back at him, perplexed. "Alcohol and Coke, or only Alcohol?", Sean breaks it down for me. "Only Coke", I point out and in the background, I can see Darshan smiling at his phone.

"A little bit of alcohol? It'll be good", Sean offer, while filling the glass with Coke. "Thanks, Sean", I back off and take the glass from his hand.

"Darsh?", Sean calls out. "Coke and a bit of alcohol. Not much", he orders and I sit down on a chair, clinging onto the glass. This is definitely not my kind of party, I'm pretty sure he knows it. Why did he still invite me over? Correction - force my to come over and now, he's ignoring me, as if he doesn't even know me.