Chapter Nine- A Good Day

(Thank you for 100+ reads! This was unexpected :o

Just a tiny detail: Aizawa thinks Izuku's name is just Izu because that was what Eri called him, and they've just been going with it)

Aizawa's POV

Recently he had been ending his patrols near that convenience store where he had last seen those two kids. Not because he was worried about them. That wasn't why at all.

Maybe they had something to do with it.

A friend of his had called in a favor, Aizawa's acceptance may or may not have involved blackmail. Even if he hadn't been blackmailed, he would have said yes because Tsukauchi only called in a favor when it was important. Also, as an underground hero that worked closely with Vigilantes Aizawa decided it would be beneficial if he knew as much about this new Vigilante as possible.

Except, from what Tsukauchi said this Vigilante may not be as 'new' as the police force originally thought. Apparently, there is some evidence that this Vigilante- Atlas, had been involved in apprehending criminals as far back as five years ago.

Despite pro heroes in the area being told to keep an eye out for Atlas, nobody has gotten a good look at them yet. They had been told to restrain and bring in for questioning, but Aizawa had been told to simply gather information- something he was good at.

If hanging around a certain spot in Musutafu allowed him to do his job and maybe keep an eye out for two troublesome kids at the same time, so be it.

A certain loud blonde had properly restrained the villain responsible for the robbery at the convenience store, then stuck around to hear the statement the owner gave the police.

According to him, a short teen with curly hair knocked the villain out and had possibly gotten shot. The boy had a little girl with him, maybe six or seven and they bought some apples before they left.

This made Aizawa even more concerned. Where did Izu learn how to fight like that? Also, he had been bleeding when he had been wrapped up in Aizawa's capture weapon, so if he had been shot had he received care for the wound? For some reason Aizawa thought the answer was no.

Aizawa rubbed the bridge of his nose and tilted his head back, struggling to keep his dry eyes open long enough for him to rehydrate them with some eyedrops.

A sudden loud bang made the hero jump, almost dropping the small bottle of eyedrops currently keeping him sane. He slid on his goggles and turned towards the source of the noise, hopping from building to building and swinging from lamp posts with his capture weapon.

Just as Aizawa landed on a roof above the alley he could hear a strange robotic voice speaking.

"Do you m-mind calling this i-in for me?"

Aizawa looked down into the alley, noticing the limp bodies restrained and propped up against an incredibly dented dumpster. Had another hero gotten here before him, or had he just been struck with the best luck?

He could see a man that he could assume had been the one saved from these villains nod nervously, still shaken up from the experience.

"Cool b-beans." The hero(?) popped their back with a grunt.

"Tell them Atlas s-saved yo-you." 

Well, that was one of Aizawa's questions of the night answered, he was incredibly lucky. He had somehow managed to stumble upon the elusive Vigilante other heroes hadn't been able to catch a glimpse of even when they were right under their noses.

The Vigilante had given the man a thumbs up when he pulled out his phone and fumbled over pressing the right keys to call the police. Aizawa quickly turned around and ran, jumping down into the nearest alley he could, waiting for a few seconds before he saw a blur jump across the gap between the two buildings he was currently between.