Broken In - Ch. 22

The week passed by slowly, more and more rumours being made. It got even more as they reached mid-September. Hermione stopped leaving the head dorm unless it was for class or to go down to the kitchens. No one was able to convince her to leave, not even Ginny. So they brought themselves to her. Harry and Ginny would stay in the head dorm with her while Draco was out in the castle with his friends. But when he'd return (his mob of people behind him), they'd leave immediately. Hermione might be comfortable around them but Harry and Ginny didn't share the same feeling.

It was Wednesday morning , there was still 2 hours till classes would begin and Hermione was sitting in the library, starting her first assignment. It was practically empty, who would want to start a project before breakfast? She was going through books when she heard the door of the library open. It creaked as it moved before slamming shut. She looked up, over her towers of books, and caught a glimpse of blond hair. She looked back down and continued working on her assignment, unaware of the person walking over to her.

"Seriously Granger? It's 8 in the morning"Draco said, leaning on the bookshelf closest to her. She looked up, realizing he was the one that had entered the library. "And I have homework, It's never too early to work"She shrugged. "8 in the morning is too early"He scoffed. "Come on, breakfast started an hour ago"He told. "I'm not going to the great hall Malfoy"Hermione rolled her eyes. "Yes you are, you can't hide away forever"He said. She raised an eyebrow, as if it were a challenge. "I can"She said simply.

Draco rolled his eyes, straightening up before pulling out his wand. Hermione was writing something on some spare parchment when she realized her walls of books being levitated. "What're you doing!"She questioned, looking around for her wand. "These will be waiting for you in our dorm, now let's go"He told. He didn't wait for her reply, walking over to the librarians desk. Hermione huffed, finally finding her wand. She had everything sort itself into her bag before getting up, storming over to Draco. "23 books, you'll have to return them before the end of September"She overheard Madam Pince say.

Draco had checked out all of the books. "I'll give them to you if you go to the great hall"Draco said, turning to her as they walked out of the library. "Why does it matter to you that much?"She snapped, annoyed that her resources had been taken from her. "Granger you're a Slytherin now, and Slytherins don't hide away. We can't have you ruin our reputation"He scoffed.

"That is barely an excuse!"She snarled, stomping her foot impatiently as she crossed her arms. Draco glanced back at her, noticing she wasn't walking, before rolling his eyes. He cast a spell on the books and they zoomed away to the head dorm. He pocketed his wand as he walked over to her.

He pulled one of her arms away from her and closed his hand around her wrist before pulling her down the corridor. "Malfoy let go!"She snapped, trying to pull her hand free. "Granger you're eating in the great hall whether you like it or not"Draco rolled his eyes. "You try having some peace when every eye is directed at you!"She told, glaring at his back. "Well you know I enjoy attention Granger"He smirked over his shoulder. "I swear I'll hex you ferret, let go!"She repeated.

"Stop whining"He groaned, turning the corner as they entered the entrance hall. "Malfoy I'm serious"She snarled, dragging herself as far as she could. "So am I, You won't be getting your books, I'll keep them in my room and sign out every copy of those books"He told. "I hate you" Hermione snapped, as he stopped in front of the doors of the great hall. "Yeah yeah"He brushed off, pushing the door open with his free hand.

Hermione figured if she stopped trying to argue with him, it would draw less attention. But she was wrong, people seemed to stare more at the sight of Draco Malfoy dragging Hermione Granger into the great hall. He walked over to the end of the Slytherin table, where her brother and his friends were.