Truth - Ch. 34

Next day, Hermione woke up to sound of knocking on her door. She put her pillow on her head, trying to muffle the sound but instead it got worse. Letting out a groan, she shot a glare at the door as she sat up. "What?"She snapped.

The door opened and Draco stepped into the room, an amused look on his face. "What?"She repeated, glaring at him. "Nothing"He said, a smirk appearing on his face as he closed the door.

She narrowed her eyes at him before she remembered what had happened the previous night. It seemed to show on her face as he laughed, shaking his head. Her face went red again as she looked away from him.

"Why so shy?"He teased as he stepped toward her. "Shut up"She mumbled. She heard him take another step and turned her back to him, moving her feet off the bed. "Why'd you wake me?" She questioned before he could come into view.

"McGonagall wants us to plan the Christmas ball. We have to make notes and illustrate them to show her"Draco told, finally walking into view.

Hermione turned her head again, not wanting him to see the colour of her face. "And we couldn't have done it after I woke up?"She asked. "Granger it's 9, we're going to breakfast-"

"No!"She snapped, her head darting towards him. "Granger-"

"No! I'm not entering the great hall, maybe next week but not now!"She snarled. "Granger the rumours are not even that bad. They're all just trying to figure out if what Weasley did was the reason he was gone for 2 months"Draco said.

"I don't need people asking me questions, I didn't even want word to get out. I didn't tell anyone so they wouldn't go blurting it out but I was the one who blurted it out"Hermione mumbled.

"If it makes you feel any better,"He began as he walked over to her, leaning against one of the two ended head boards, the one to her right. "Weaselette has sent 2 people to the hospital wing after they questioned her about it"He said.

"What!" Hermione snapped as she stood. "She's a prefect! She'll get in trouble!"She said.

"Don't worry Granger, I was the only one in the corridor" He reassured.

"And it didn't occur to you that she'll be reported by the victims?"She questioned.

"It's taken care of-"

She didn't let him finish, heading to her door, possibly to go to see Ginny. Draco grabbed her arm as she passed and pulled her back. "Malfoy, if McGonagall finds-" Hermione was saying before he interrupted her, pressing his lips against hers.

He wrapped his other arm around her waist, tugging her closer to him. He pulled back and she glared at him, bringing her hands up to his chest so he wouldn't lean in again. "Seriously?"She snarled. "Are you going to listen to me or not?"He asked.

She stayed silent and he continued. "It wasn't an actual hex or curse. She just punched them, and broke a nose or busted a lip" He explained. She narrowed her eyes at him, "and why aren't you reporting her? You would be thrilled"She said.

Draco smirked, "She ran in on me hexing Zacharias Smith this morning, we're even" He told.

"What!"Hermione snapped. "Do you honestly not care about getting your badge taken?"She said. "Why won't you just relax for a second?"He groaned.

She glared at him and pushed him away, storming over to her dresser. "Why do you always need the slightest reason to hex someone? McGonagall can suspend you for it!"She snapped as she rummaged through her drawers.

"Granger you would've done the same if he was asking you if I was a good shag"He scoffed. She spun around, her eyes wide. "What?"She questioned. "Exactly, he deserves it, so it's been taken care of"He shrugged.