SB19 Stell: "Latte In Love"

(Former book cover)

(Former book cover)

 "Another day, another wedding..."

You are a wedding planner, it is your job to arrange a wonderful wedding for your clients, give them all you've got. But you can't do it without having a nice CoffeeLatte in Cafe Arabica. Your mood booster.  Plus, you want to be here because of the certain calm it gives you every time you work.

You love watching customers come and go with smiles on their faces holding cups of coffee, or just enjoying the view while sipping Americanos... and Stell, the cute barista you always watch at the counter, secretly. 

Also, you want to know who gives you sticky notes together with your most loved Latte. 

 You stare at a freshly written note laying just beside your Latte. I wish you have a wonderful day today!  It says. This person is consistent for a year giving you happy notes. You're so used to it, that as your favorite mood booster, your day is incomplete when you don't see these notes.

As you examine that little sticky note, there came a lightbulb moment. It's time to bust that secret admirer. 

You call on your workmate, he immediately answered the phone. 

"I need you to do me a favor." You whispered. 

"Woah, good morning to my favorite wedding planner, eh? What's with the rush? Missing your favorite photographer?" He joked.

"Shut it, you know about the sticky notes I receive right? My curiosity is killing me, can you pretend to be my boyfriend just for this day? I need to know who the heck is that guy before I..." You trailed off.

"You what? Go to London with your parents and be a workaholic human without a love life? Sounds awful."

"Yeah, yeah, so can you do it?" No one answered. 

"Hello?" 

"Yes love, I'm here." You almost fell on your chair when he talked behind you, he's been there all along?

"Sorry I'm late." he sat across your table and kissed your hand, that was quite awkward but you let it pass.  From your peripheral vision, you noticed an astounded Stell, but it immediately vanished and turned into a sad smile.  

"What took you so long, love?" You made your voice a bit louder just enough for Stell to hear.

Looks like you're having a clue now, or are you just assuming?

" I was afraid Patty." Ethan, your workmate started.

You became confused, Ethan got a bit more serious than ever. You tensed at your chair when he held your hand.

"What the heck are you talking about, Ethan?" 

"Patty, I really have feelings for you, you are this ray of sunshine every time we work together. You give off something that makes me feel alive again. I like you, Patricia, and I'm willing to go to London with you."  Ethan is looking at you with his utmost sincerity you cannot help but appreciate his courage in confessing.

You were about to answer when someone aggressively put down a cup of coffee on the table, thus, creating a loud noise. You don't even remember ordering for Ethan.

"Coffee Ma'am, I hope you have a wonderful day today." He uttered it in his most sarcastic manner. You suppress annoyance, not until you realized what he said. 

Stell made his way back to the counter.

You didn't realize you have Ethan with you, you were lost in thought for a moment thinking why Stell reacted that way.

"About that, I think you deserve to know." He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"Know what, Ethan?" You asked, with a bewildered look on your face.

"He's the one giving you notes ever since, I caught him once before, I... I got here earlier than expected in one of our meetings, I saw him placing those sticky notes. I'm sorr--- 

"YOU KNEW?" You cut him off. "...And you didn't even tell me?" Now you're frustrated. Two big revelations at once. It's quite making you dizzy. 

"--It's because I like you and I'm afraid you'll get distracted and---"

"If you really like me then, you should've at least respected what choice would I make." You stood up, leaving a surprised Ethan. 

You saw something fell on the floor.

You picked it up, and a genuine smile formed on your lips.  

You made your way to the counter and found Stell brewing some coffee, his back is facing you so he did not notice your presence.

"So it was you all along," You can't hide the excitement in your voice as you speak. His broad shoulders tensed at the sound of it. 

Slowly he faced you, but instead of a cheerful smile, there was melancholy in those dark brown orbs. 

He placed the coffee cup aside, you notice a broken heart design at the top of the coffee latte. He leaned towards you, almost reaching your face, you smell his minty breath as your eyes widen.

"Yes, it was me Patty, but looks like I was too late, you have a boyfriend already..." And then laughed bitterly. 

"Si-silly! It was just a setup to lure you out!  It was a success because you finally confessed..." 

"What? For real?!" He was so surprised he even held both of your shoulders. 

"Yea, idiot, why are you so dramatic a while ago? I was about to turn him down when you butted in."

"I thought---

" I like you too Stell, that radiant smile of yours, the way you served happily to customers, loving your work... I fall for guys like that." You admitted. No sense in hiding what you feel.

"But Stell, I'm going to London, my parents need me there." Your voice shifted from enthusiastic to a sad one.

He held your hand and looked at your eyes intently. It's like he's looking directly at your soul.

"That's not a problem Patricia, I will come with you if you let me." 

End