The End Part 1

The silence was loud and the place was freezing. Only Sanha seemed to be unaffected by the disturbing air, judging by his relaxed face and the smirk lingering on his face. He seemed to enjoy watching his former friend's reactions as they realised he had fooled them all along without them even suspecting a thing. The way their faces fell as they realised the betrayal.

"You- why?" Felix asked, voice shaking.

"What, you thought I'd just sit around doing nothing while you were basically ruining our plan?" Sanha replied, an evil smirk playing on his lips.

"Sanha....what plan?" CB97 cautiously asked. It wasn't clear what Sanha's intentions were by revealing his betrayal, especially considering he was unarmed and alone against the 4 of them.

"Oh, you know exactly what plan I'm talking about, leader" he replied, emphasising 'leader' with a hint of disgust.

The tension perceived as the realisation hit CB97.

"You...the TWICE x JYPE plan..." he mumbled, afraid of his own words and what they meant.

Sanha tilted his slightly as his smirk increased, hinting his amusement. "That's right. You are currently standing in the future JYPE and TWICE building" he said and threw his arms outwards, as if to welcome them. "The plan was going so smoothly until you decided to assassin my brother and his friends-"

"Where are Seungmin and the others?" Lee Know interrupted him. He couldn't help but enjoy Sanha's face twitching in annoyance because of him.

"As if I would ever tell you that" he mumbled bitterly through his teeth. "Anyway! Back to our plan," he started. "When you killed my brother and-"

"Then i don't see the point in keeping you alive" Lee Know bluntly interrupted again, this time pointing a gun at the arrogant boy. Beside him, J.One was desperately trying to hold in an unreasonable chuckle.

Sanha's smirk quickly vanished. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" he threatened, but Lee Know kept the unamused look on his face.

"Oh yeah? Give me one good reason to keep you alive then" Lee Know replied and gave his signature face: eyebrows slightly up and eyes staring into Sanha's soul.

Everyone was almost holding their breaths at the heavy tension. Even while unarmed, Sanha emitted a dangerous aura of confidence. And as long as they didn't know where that confidence came from, no one was safe.

"Hah! Well, let me tell you. You touch me, and Sungjin will immediately know. And considering he currently has your three friends captive, I wouldn't do that" he said, his smirk now turned into a full-on psychotic smile.

"What the hell do you want from us?" CB97 asked, teeth gritted.

"Bold of you to assume there's anything you guys can do for me" Sanha confidently replied. "Once JYP found out about your traitorous acts, he told me I could handle you however I wanted" he explained.

Although Lee Know didn't appear any threatened by his words, he knew better than to risk his friends' lives. They would have to stall Sanha for as long as they could and hope that a miracle would happen.

The uncomfortable silence that had been introduced by Sanha's psychotic behaviour was soon gone as he tried speaking up again.

"Now, as I was sayi-" Sanha was abruptly interrupted as he suddenly fell to the hard floor, his head making an uncomfortably loud sound as it hits the concrete. The remaining boys cringed at the cracking sound. Some quiet "ohhh's" and "ehhh's" could be heard echoing off the walls.

The spot that Sanha previously occupied had now been claimed by two familiar faces. One of them was looking away, probably cringing like the other boys. The other was breathing heavily and his hands were holding up a thick metal rod, now partially stained with blood, as he stared down at the unconscious boy on the floor.

"Bomin? Daehwi?" Felix exclaimed questioningly. He stood up from his painful sitting position, leaving Changbin to support himself.

"Ummm, hi?" Bomin said and looked up, metal rod still in his grip, and Daehwi turned back towards the rest of the group.

"The hell are you two doing here?! And why would you hit Sanha with a metal rod?!" Han asked them, jaw falling to the floor and face looking stunned by the dramatic appearance his classmates. But even so, Lee Know noticed him fighting a faint smile, unable to contain his satisfaction.

Despite the circumstances, Lee Know didn't ignore this tiny victory. Han was allowing himself to show hints of emotions, unable to further conceal them, ignore them, and lock them away in a box to avoid them interfering with his job. But this wasn't a job, Lee Know thought, and they were doing this purely for their own happiness and emotional satisfaction. In a way, they had all come to terms with themselves and their violent nature, not preventing their emotions from showing because that was what they are all truly fighting for. Saving Seungmin, Hyunjin, and I.N was something they all truly wanted, unlike all the previous jobs they had been assigned throughout their dark careers.

"No time to explain" Bomin answered concisely. "We need to find the others."

"But- but what about Sanha? And does Sungjin know about this? Oh no- he's gonna hurt them isn't he-"

"Han. Please, calm down" Lee Know said, something he truly thought he'd never have to during a mission. He placed a comforting hand on his boyfriends back and maintained eye contact for a few more silent seconds.

"But our friends are maybe getting killed-!"

"Han." Lee Know said as he stared right into his eyes to make sure his message would come across. "It's okay". He then turned to Daehwi, and Han curiously followed his eyes.

"There's something blocking our phone signals, which means there's likely no way for Sanha to contact Sungjin or otherwise" Daehwi explained to the group, silencing the small uproar.

"I...I can't believe we didn't think of that..." CB97 commented, suddenly feeling ridiculously stupid.

"Wow" Han whispered to himself out of relief. He turned to look at the rest of the group, looking a lot less distressed than he had been a few moments before. "This is why we need Seungmin y'all" he said, to which the others could only smile.

_________________
I can't believe this story is nearing the end!! It's been a year since I started it, and it's weird to think it's gotten this far 🥲
There will be a few more chapters, probably 3, and then an epilogue, possibly divided into 2 parts.