Chapter 9

After getting the threat from his sister Aryan came down. He heard some noise from the kitchen so thought that Nandini must be there. Battling with his own dilemma he slowly entered the kitchen.

He looked around the kitchen but she was not there. Thinking that she must not be there he turned to leave. But something caught his attention. He turned again and saw some utensils on the floor. He went near it only to see Nandini lying down on the floor.

His breath hitched seeing her like that. He started shivering and sweating badly. Gathering some courage he dragged his shivering body near her.

Aryan sat near Nandini and started patting her face while tears were flowing down from his eyes.

Aryan: Wh..why are you..lying down li..ke  this..!! Get up. Open your..eyes.. please....

He was getting scared. All the negetive things were coming in his mind. He shaked his head vigorously to get rid of all the negetive thoughts.

Wiping the tears he got up and bringing some water he splashed a little amount of water on her face. He then cupped her face.

Aryan: You are angry on me right. Okay fine. Get up and scold me. Hit me. But get up please.....

He was saying all this while shaking her in attempt to wake her up. But all went in vain. Slowly he kept his head on her chest and clutched her tightly to his dear life and cried out loud.

Aryan: Please get up mumma.....please.....

After a long time he addressed her as mumma.

Aryan: I'm sorry mumma. I'm sorry. Please get up. I can't live without you. You know na you are the only one left for me and Ikshu. He is not with us now. Don't even think of leaving us. How will we live without you..!! Please wake up mumma. Please......

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hearing some faint noise she entered the room only to see him murmuring something. Going near him she saw him sweating profusely in his sleep.

She went near him and sat on the bed where he was lying down. She was about to touch him when he suddenly got up in a haste shouting mumma....

She was stunned for a few moments hearing the word mumma from his mouth which she was craving for.

Seeing his mumma in front of him he hugged her tightly without thinking anything and started crying.

Nandini was startled by his behaviour but seeing his vulnerable state her heart ached. Soon tears gathered in her eyes making her vision blur.

Aryan was continuously blabbering digging his face in her chest.

Aryan: I'm sorry mumma....please don't leave me. I know I'm very bad. I have hurted you very much. But please don't leave me. I can't live without you mumma.....

She hugged him to her dear life. She was happy that he was calling her as mumma. But was hurt seeing her son's vulnerable condition.

She rubbed his back to calm him down.

Nandini: Sshh baccha....calm down. Mumma is not going anywhere. I'm here only. Stop crying please.

Aryan looked up to face his mumma who looked at him with concerned filled eyes.

Aryan: Aap gussa nahi ho mujhse..??( Aren't you angry on me..??) I have hurted you so much till now. I have misbehaved with you.

Nandini smiled at him and wiping off his tears she kissed his forehead.

Nandini: Mumma apne baccho se kabhi bhi gussa nahi ho sakte. ( Mumma can never be angry on her children). Now tell me what happened suddenly..?? Why were you crying baccha..!!

His eyes again got teary and held her hands in his tight grip.

Aryan: I..I saw th..at you..you we..re lyi..ng down on..on the floor and I...I was..call..ing you but..but..you were not open..ing yo..ur eyes..please don't leave me mumma.

Nandini was startled hearing him. Making herself strong she cupped his face and wiped off his tears.

Nandini: Mumma is not going anywhere baccha. I'm here only with you and will always be there for you both. You both are my life. I can't even think my life without you both.

Aryan: But mumma....

Nandini: Sshh it's okay. It was just a bad dream. Nothing like that will happen.

He instantly hugged her tightly buring his face in her chest. Nandini smiled looking down at her son who was in her arms after a long time and again her eyes became moist.

Nandini: Can I ask you something..??

Hearing the question he looked up towards her face still being in her arms.

Nandini: I know you love me very much. But why did you suddenly stopped talking with me..?? Why did you stopped calling me mumma..?? Why baccha..??

At last her eyes became teary and her voice clearly indicated that she was hurt very much.

He detached himself from her and looked down not knowing what to say. Nandini held his chin and made him look at her.

Nandini: Don't hide more Aru. I know there must be something that's why you were doing this. Please tell to mumma. I can bear everything but not your ignorance. Please tell.......

Her words were left unfinished when he got up and left the room leaving her behind.

She thought that today he will tell him the truth after he talked with her but all went in vein. She sighed out and thought to herself.....

I don't know what it was. The dream that Aru saw....I have told him all those things to calm him down. But his dream can become true also. I don't know how much time I have. I don't know how long I can spend my time with my babies.

Aiyyappa please protect my kids. Please be with them when I will be not there to protect them. I don't want my babies to suffer for anything. In this world you are the only one whom I can trust blindly. Please don't break my trust.

Wiping off her tears she went out of the room.

To be continued...........