Chapter 34

Manik came downstairs in search of Nandini.

Manik: Where are you Nandini..??

Nandini: I'm in the kitchen Manik.

Hearing her voice Manik went to the kitchen. As he entered the kitchen he saw Nandini chopping vegetables.

Manik: When did you wake up..??

Saying so he stood beside her. Nandini looked at him and gave him a beautiful smile.

Nandini: Long back.

Nandini started her work. There was silence in between them. Manik started the conversation to avoid the awkwardness.

Manik: Good morning by the way.

Nandini looked at him once again and let out a soft chuckle.

Nandini: Good morning.

Manik: I was searching for you. You were not there na when I woke up.... that's why....

Nandini let out a sigh.

Nandini: Stop being so formal with me Manik. It's me.. your Nandini....so just chill.

Manik smiled at her.

Manik: Waise.... Aren't you going to hospital today..??

Nandini: Nope.

Manik: Why so..??

Nandini: Because I am gonna take care of you today....acche se.... and I am even cooking all your favourite dishes.

Manik looked at her to see how she was working continuously with a beautiful smile present on her face.

Nandini: And you.....

Her words were interrupted by Ikshu's voice.

Ikshu: Good morning mumma.... Good morning papa....

Saying so she came running and hugged Manik's leg. Manik smiled at her and picked her up and gave a tight kiss on her cheek.

Manik: Good morning princess.

Nandini: Good morning baby.

Ikshu gave a cute smile looking at her.

Ikshu: Mumma....I love you soooo much.

Ikshu said very lovingly which made Nandini to crunch her forehead while folding her hands.

Nandini: What is that for..?? Huh..!! So much love all of a sudden....!!

Manik looked at her being confused.

Manik: What are you saying Nandini..?? She is saying she loves you.... what is wrong with it..??

Nandini: You don't know Manik but this look is definitely about something fishy. So tell me Ikshu what you want to tell me.