Chapter 33

Nandini noticed the shocked look on Aryan's face. She sighed out knowing what he must have been thinking as she had expected the same to happen.

She looked at Manik to see his eyes getting moist seeing him.

Nandini: Aru see papa is here. Why are you standing there..?? Are you not happy seeing him after so long..??

Aryan looked at Nandini.

Aryan: Why is this man here mumma..?? What is he doing here..?? And why the hell are you allowing Ikshu near him....??

Nandini was shocked hearing the choice of words he used.

Nandini: Is it the way to talk Aru..??

Manik made Ikshu sit on the chair and got up. He went near him and kneeled down in front of him.

Manik: My baby boy is all grown up now. I missed you so much baccha.... didn't you missed papa..??

Manik said while at last his voice trembled.

Aryan looked at him with an angry and disgusted look which Manik never wanted to witness in his life.

Aryan: You are no one to me. And about my papa....then he is dead to me. He died 5 years ago. And I don't even need him in my life.

Nandini: Enough Aru.... What are you uttering....?? Stop it..!!

Nandini was shocked hearing those things from him.

Aryan: No mumma.... And listen to me Manik Malhotra....I hate you to the core. You have done enough things to bring sorrow in our life. My mumma has suffered so much just because of you. And now if you again try to do such things again than I will not leave you this time. Mark my words.

Saying so he dashed upstairs to his room.

Nandini: Aru stop right there....Aru.....

She called him but he went to his room without hearing anything.

Nandini worriedly looked at Manik to see him still in the same position. She went near him and kneeled down in front of him.

He was looking at nowhere blankly. Seeing him like that Nandini cupped his face.

Nandini: Don't take his words seriously Manik. He said everything in anger. He will understand you after knowing everything Manik.

Manik looked at her.

Manik: Have I really destroyed my family Nandini.....?? Have I lost everything.....??

He asked him with a blank expression while tears were falling profusely from Nandini's eyes.

Not knowing how to consult him she hugged him tightly.

Nandini: You haven't lost anything Manik. You have everything. Don't think like that.

She kept hugging him. Soon she felt him slowly breaking down in her arms.