4

Me and my mom decided to go for a run. I put on my outfit.

"What if I run into one of the boys like this?" I question myself

"What if I run into one of the boys like this?" I question myself. Should I wear something else? "I'll be fine"
"Come on sweetie! Let's get going!" I hear my mum call from downstairs.
"Coming!" I grab my sunglasses that match her and run down stairs.

*TIME SKIP*

We run along a dirt road. I haven't seen anyone pass by or any cars. Then I hear a car behind us. I hear a siren. Deputy Dawg. He passes by us, then goes backwards and stops near us.
"Excuse me ladies. Deputy Tom Palmer. Lane county. We got a P.B. Outta Austin. Bank robbers headin' this way drivin' a Chevy. Seen 'em?"
"The only car we've seen is yours Sheriff Tom Palmer."
"You can call me Tom."
"You can call me Anna Montgomery, Sheriff Tom."
"Oh no you can drop that sheriff part. And you? Valerie, was it?"
"It's Valeria, 'Deputy Dawg'" I say, trying to imitate the boys. He rolls his eyes, while my mom is confused
"Sorry we can't help you." We start running again, and then he moves his car back again
"Where you from?" He asks, trying to get close to my mom. 😒
"Surrey, England."
"Oh, I'm planning a trip to England real soon. Very interested in English things" I know he's making it up.
"And I've always been interested in America."
"Not a lot worth seein' here. Of course, there are a few local points of interest. Elma armadillos were one time a football powerhouse. Back in the days when I played."
"Like she cares"

EVANS POV (I might switch POVs every now and then)

"Like she cares" Nick says as we pass them. Deputy Dawg is trying to get at Mrs. Montgomery like we thought she would.
"Ah, the children are so cute, aren't they?" He's acting kind to us, acting like he didn't call us midgets earlier.
My eyes go towards Valeria. She's wearing a two piece and has her hair up. I didn't notice how pretty she is. I mean, I was staring a little when I first met her. And a little in class when she wasn't looking.
Wait why am I going down?
I wasn't paying attention and fell on the ground.
"Evan, hurry and get up." Larry calls
I feel someone grab my hand and pull me up. It was her.
"You good Evan? You got distracted for a sec."
Hurry up and say something "Yea, I-I'm good."
"Ok, if you say so." She didn't let go of my hand. It felt we were staring at each other forever, until .....
"Evan, stop staring at her and get back on your bike!" Way to ruin the moment Jeffery.
She let's go of my hand, a blush coming on her face. "Oh, sorry. I guess, umm, I-I'll see you at school."
"Yea, see you at school" I jump on my bike and ride back to my friends.
"Evan has a girlfriend! Evan has a girlfriend!" They start teasing me.
"Shut up!" I yell at them.

VAL'S POV

"Evan has a girlfriend! Evan has a girlfriend!"
"Shut up!" Evan yells at them.
I feel my cheeks as they were warm and were probably redder than a tomato. His hand was kinda soft. No! You can't be catching feelings now. You barely know him. But he's kinda cute. No! Get those thoughts out of your head!
"Oh, yea yea yea. I gotta get on that. Welcome to America." I must have blanked out. He drives backward, then forward, "The car kinda acts funny sometimes. Bye."
"Valeria. Come on let's keep going and maybe talk about what happened."
"Ok" We start running again.
"So, who was that?"
"Evan and his friends. The boys I hanged out with earlier."
"Any reason why you were staring and blushing?"
"I wasn't staring nor blushing. I'm just hot"
"Honey, you know, you're old enough to have a partner and a relationship. I won't judge."
"No. It's nothing like that. I've only known him for a little while anyway."
"Okay, but this conversation isn't over."

A/N: Wow. This was a long one. And Val and Evan had a cute little moment ❤️❤️
But there will be more to come. 😉