Part I: Chapter 15

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Hurry up!" Lucy cried.

"How does she run in those heels?" Susan breathed shaking her head.

"I have no idea," I laughed, "Do you think that she's forgotten that I am pregnant?"

Susan laughed her eyes flicking down to the quite obvious bump.

"I'm not quite sure," she answered.

We finally reached the throne room, much too slow in Lucy's opinion. Inside Peter, Edmund, and some of the Narnians were talking. Susan and I came to stand next to them looking to see what they were discussing. A massive map covered the table. I tried to slow my breathing but Peter noticed before I could. His brow furrowed instantly as he placed a hand gently on my waist.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, fine actually," I laughed lightly, "Lucy just decided that Susan and I needed a bit more exercise."

Said girl blushed.

"Sorry, I forgot," she apologized.

"Ha, I told you so," I said pointedly to Susan.

She laughed and rolled her eyes. However our light-heartened mood didn't seem to soothe Peter's worry.

"Is it a good idea for you to be running? You really shouldn't overwork yourself," he said quickly gesturing for a servant to bring over a chair.

"Peter, I am only six months pregnant. Don't be such a worry wart," I laughed.

He sighed and kissed my cheek. I know this has been hard for him. This is after all, our first child. He was always so worried all the time about something happening to the baby. But the nurses had told us time after time that the baby was perfectly healthy. I gasped feeling a slight moment inside me. Everyone instantly froze looking at me with panicked expressions.

"Oh would you all relax," I scoffed rolling my eyes with a smile, "I just felt movement."

"Really?!" Lucy squealed and instantly her hands were on my stomach.

The rest of us laughed as she smiled. That night I sat on the bed brushing my hair as Peter finished up a treaty. I hummed softly to myself smiling as I watched him work.

"Have you made any progress with that list of names?" he asked suddenly looking up.

I set my brush down and grabbed the little paper where I'd been writing down name suggestions off the nightstand.

"The girl list is much longer than the boy," I commented with a small chuckle, "Which do you want to hear first?"

"The girls since it'll take the longest," he answered standing and walking over.

"Well isn't that logical of you," I teased.

He gave me a playful glare before sliding into bed.

"Imogen."

"Too formal."

"She is a princess you know."

"But imagine a baby with such a formal name," he replied shaking his head, "It's silly."

I rolled my eyes with a small laugh and continued.

"Jezebel."

"No."

"Alicia."

"No."

"Beatrice."

"No..."

I sighed shaking my head. This going to be a long night. We ended up getting through the whole list and had crossed off every name but two, Sage and Alana.