┊xii. twelve

The following couple weeks had been a recurring cycle of Peter crawling in and out of Eden bedroom window, every night with a different type of story. Whether it was saving a dog from the river or saving a woman from being ran over, Eden was always intrigued by his stories.

"So, when does this end?" she asks one night as she wipes down a cut on his forehead, her tongue sticking out in focus.

"It doesn't end." he answer, fingers brushing across her exposed thigh. "Not unless people suddenly don't need anymore saving."

"Then what's your plan? For when college starts." Peter doesn't reply. "You are planning on going, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. Of course I'm going. I just haven't figured that part out yet."

Eden moves off her bed and into her closet, grabbing a fresh change of clothes for the boy; something she had learned to do a while ago. She leaves the room to give him a little space, opting to head down stairs to grab a few snacks.

The girl was minding her own business in the pantry when her sister came barging in, feet banging loud across the floors. Eden looks up at her, confused as to why she was being so loud walking around at night.

"Do eomma and appa know you sneak Peter in almost every night?" Rina questions, a smug smile on her face.

Edens eyes widen in shock, hair lifting too quickly resulting in her banging the back of her head on the shelf above her. Her sister takes even further amusement in that, the older girl doubling over in laughter.

"Don't worry I won't tell. Your secrets safe with me, yeodong."

"You're a bitch, you know that?" Eden scoffs, grabbing her basket of snacks and shutting the pantry door.

Her sister chuckles, grabbing a bag of chips for herself. "You make sure to tell me every once in a while, yeah."

"Goodnight, Rina."

"Nighty night, lovers!"

Eden lets out a loud groan before continuing on to her bedroom. She knew having her sister around for the next while would be such a pain in the ass and as much as she loved her, Rina could not mind her own business if her life depended on it.

"I come bearing food." she greets her boyfriend, who had made himself more than comfortable under her duvet. "You look comfortable."

Peter gives her a small smile as he opens his arms up for her. "You have a pretty cozy bed."

"I've told you multiple times to get a head board for your bed and you keep refusing."

"It has nothing to do with a headboard!"

"It has everything to do with a headboard and you know it, Pete."

The boy simply rolls his eyes and pulls open a bag of chips. They've had the headboard debate one too many times, more often in scandalous occasions when his aunt wasn't home, but also whenever they tried to have any semblance of a movie night in his room. For some reason, it always just irked her.

Popping a chip into his mouth, he turns to look up at her lovingly causing the girl to raise an eyebrow at him questioningly. "We'll have a headboard someday. When it's our bed."