chapter 1

Morgan woke up one Friday morning to the sound of her cell phone rining. She glanced at her alarm clock as she searched for her phone.

" 7:00! Who in their right mind would be up this early on labour day? " She grumbled to herself.

" Hello......" Morgan tiredly asked.

" Hey! It's Amy are you still in bed? We have a three day weekend! "

" Yes I'm aware of that. That is why I am still in bed, or I was."

"Good news! You know that sleepover we should have that I keep mentioning? Well I asked mom and she said yes! You and Melody can come over tonight!"

"Cool. Sounds fun. Did you call Melody yet?"

"No I was going to call her next but-"

"Don't call her now. Wait until at least noon." Inturptted Morgan.

"But I can't wait that long! This is so exciting and I need to know if you both can make it so I have time to get things ready. "

"You can wait until noon. Besides getting things ready are what moms are for. I got to go back to bed."

"So you will come?" Asked Amy.

"Of course I will! I got to go now. Talk to you later!"

"Ok bye!"

Morgan let her phone drop to the floor and after a few minutes, fell back asleep.

The next thing she knew her mom was in her room waking her up.

"Come on get up, it's well after 1:00. Just because it's labour day doesn't mean that you can sleep all day."

"Ok ok. I'm up!" Sighed Morgan.

"Did your phone go off this morning? I thought I heard it but I didn't want to wake you up. "

Morgan had to think for a second. "Oh yeah! Amy called she invited me to a sleepover tonight. I told her I would be there, it is ok if I go right ?"

"That sounds like fun. Who else will be there? "

"No one really.  Just me, Amy and Melody.
And yes I'm sure her parents will be home too."

Morgan's  mom smiled and answered, 
" Alright. you can go. "

" Awesome!  Thanks mom! I got to go pack!" She jumped out of bed and went to her closet to grab her overnight bag when her mom said,

"Hang on, you need breakfast first, or in your case, lunch."

"Ok but first Im going to call Melody and see if she is going to be there too."

Morgan's mom left the room to go make lunch while Morgan searched for her cell phone that she had carelessly tossed that morning. She finally found it halfway under her bed and began to call Melody.

"Hello?" Asked Melody

"Hey! It's Morgan. I was just calling to see if you were coming to Amy's sleepover tonight. "

"Of course! She called me this morning at 10:30."

Morgan laughed. "She couldn't stand it.  She called me at 7Am. She was going to call you next but I told her to wait till noon."

"Wow! Thanks for that. I hate getting up early on a day off from school!"

"Not a problem! Did she tell you what time it starts? "

"Yes she said to be there at 5.  And you don't need to bring anything. "

"Cool! I'll see you then!"

"Ok bye!"

Morgan went downstairs to have lunch. Then hurried to get ready and packed. She was so excited but she had no idea what lay ahead that night.