Chapter 40

IMPORTANT: I have re written chapter 39 and it went from 5 to 8 pages.

Plus I have been editing the first 19 chapters and the story have gotten 14 pages longer from it.

Chapter 40

Jakes P.O.V.

I let out a small sight of relief when we were finally out of that cave. I needed to get away from here. I needed to find my mum and sister. And most of all I needed to be alone. I wanted to just curl into a ball and cry. If just I hadn't told my dad about all of this. I should just have stepped up my game and taken care of all this by myself. Then my dad wouldn't be dead.

I noticed that Lea stopped walking, but I continued. I couldn't face her right now. If I did I knew that I would fall apart, not being able to do anything than just be in her arms. And right now I just needed to get my fathers body to my mum and to a place where he could rest peacefully.

I was exhausted and I just wanted to be at home right now with Lea in my arms and just try to forget that this day even happened. I couldn't believe that my dad was dead. And then before I got everything back to normal with him. I would never get my chance to do that now.

I suddenly heard paws land somewhere close to me and saw the most terrifying thing I have ever witnessed in my life. A wolf jumped out of no where heading toward Lea and there was nothing I could do about other than shout out loud.

It all happened in slow motion. He jumped out from nowhere. None of us had been able to smell him. His feet touched the ground two times before his teeth and claws was in Lea's body. Derek was closets to her and the first one to change mid air and pull him off of her. But it was too late. My eyes connected with hers before her lifeless body fell to the ground. I hurried to put my fathers body down and ran over to her. My wolf wanted to kill the son of a bitch who had hurt her. But even though I wanted that badly, I knew I needed to go to my mate. Plus Leo and Derek was in the middle of that, while Robert, James, Lizzie and I all ran over to her.

She was bleeding badly and her pulse was barely there. “Your shirt James.” I didn't have to say anything else. He was already taking it off handing it to me. I took it and hold it down over the wound on her neck trying to slow the bleeding. Robert quickly pulled his shirt of as well and pressed it down on some of the wound on her torso, even though it was too big for him to cover it all. I heard her breathe and she opened her eyes briefly before closing them again.

“Lea! You have to stay awake. I know you're hurting but you can't fall asleep. Please love, do it for me.” I said glad that she was conscious. But I couldn't get her to open her eyes again.

“Okay.” She just manage to get out, not louder than a whisper.

Derek and Leo ran over to us after finishing him off, looking desperately at Lea. “James contact someone from the pack and get them to send an ambulance out here. Derek take a look at her. Can we move her? You're the one who study medicine. Leo find out the situation on the pack. And Robert get rid of that body over there so the medics won't see him.” I ordered out before all my concentration was back on Lea again.

“Lea open your eyes again for me please.” They quickly opened but it didn't last long before her eyes closed again and her breathing got heavy. I let Derek look at her even though I knew he couldn't do anything out here in the woods.

“I don't think it will hurt her too much if we move her. But if we don't, I don't think she'll make it. She's loosing too much blood.” Derek said looking up at me with panic in his eyes. I just nodded and lifted her as carefully as I could. And then I started running. Using the last strength I had. I kept saying her name, needing her to stay conscious and with open eyes.