Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“You always have a choice. It’s just that some people make the wrong one.” – Nicholas Sparks.

As soon as I stepped inside the apartment, I broke down and start crying.  ”Lea what happened to you today?” Maggie asks with worry in her voice as I fall apart, crying on the floor. I haven’t cried in many years, and I doubt they have ever seen me shed a tear.

”I f-found my m-mate” I cry out, trying to stop, to take some deep breaths, to slow down my breathing. I don’t want to cry over him, but I can’t help it, my wolf is in pain.

”Honey why are you crying then? Who is he?” Maggie asks with frowned eyebrows. She sits down beside me, and puts her hand on my back.

“It’s J-Jake, and he rejected m-me” I say with my crying a little more under control. My heart feels like it is trying to break out of my chest, like there is something wrong with it. It seriously hurts.

“WHAT!?” Nate shouts. “How could he do that to you? I’m going to kill him!” Nate yells. He is starting to shake, which was a sign that he is close to shifting. His fists clench and his eyes close, trying to stay in control.

“It’s okay, I’m okay. I’m sorry I started crying; I’m fine. I just have to get over this,” I say and he lets out a sigh, walks over, and sits beside me.

“You are not apologizing to me! He should be the one begging for you to take him back.” He says hugging me for a while. I haven’t even realized that Maggie isn’t in the room anymore before the door opens and she walks in with ice cream, chocolate, popcorn, and movies. 

“I think we need a movie night after this day. What do you think?” She says as she sits down on the floor in front of the TV. Nate and I move over to join her. They didn’t say much, but they did try to help me get my thoughts away from Jake. It helps a little with all the movies, but I can’t help my thoughts from wondering back to him from time to time. 

I woke up the next day and feeling horrible.  It’s as if I had lost a part of myself; a part I had no idea I needed or even had before yesterday, and now that part was gone. It feels like someone has put a knife in my chest and ripped my heart out. I feel like shit. 
When I got out from my room and into the kitchen, Maggie comes running over to me and gives me a hug. Nate is at the table eating, they have made me pancakes.

“Guys you didn’t have to do this for me. I’m fine really.” I say quietly not believing my own words.

“Don’t you dare lie to us! We know you better than anyone, and I can see when you’re lying.” Maggie says warningly while pointing her fork at me.

“Okay, I’m not fine! I feel like shit. The one person who was meant to love me, for who I am, rejected me! My other half, who I am supposed to live my ‘happily ever’ after with, won’t even admit to other people that I’m his mate. He is too damned ashamed! Is that what you want to hear!?” I yell. “Is it?”