Chapter 1: Another Tour?

Nicole's POV
*same morning*

Currently, I am cooking Tofu Omlets. I looked the recipe up on line when Tony and I first got married. Its Chickpea Flour and Tofu put together to make an eggy like thing, but no animal products involved. Then, there is some Indian salt called kala namak, which makes the not-so-egg even more eggy. Then you just stuff vegetables in it and BAM! A vegan Omlet.

Sometimes I miss pizza, like regular pizza. Not vegan pizza. Vegan pizza is good but you can never go wrong with pepperoni pizza. Unless, you are Tony of course.

I quietly sing along to My House by PVRIS as I flip over the not-so-egg. I feel arms wrap around me and lips press against my shoulder.

"Your singing is wonderful" Tony's husky voice whispers in my ear. "I don't understand why you don't sing as a career"

"I want to do something in the medical field. Online college isn't the easiest. In about a year, I will have my masters degree. I'm so excited!" I remind him. "Singing is a hobby of mine. I'm not even good at it."

"Babe, you are amazing at singing. Any argument you have against that is invalid" He states and I chuckle.

I put the not-so-omlets onto the olates. I stuff then with zucchini, tomato, garlic, onions, and spinach. I add mushrooms into his because I absolutely hate mushrooms but he loves them. I grab some hot sauce to drown mine in. I set the plates at the table where everything else is already at.

"Wow, this looks amazing. Thank you honey" He pecks my lips before digging in.

I put hot sauce on top of the omlet and inside of the omelt. I also add some onto the side of the plate, just in case. I love me some hot sauce, if you could not tell.

"I have to tell you something" Tony says quietly, setting down his silverware. "Vic called me a few minutes ago-"

I cut him off by groaning loudly, "You just got home a few days ago"

"I know babe" He holds my hand gently and rubs his thumb back and forth to calm me down. "And I want to stay home but it's my job. I love touring. I wish I could take you along with me."

I nodded and sighed. I just got him back after a month. How long will he be gone this time?

"How long will you be gone?" I ask him, feeling the tears burn my eyes.

He bites his lip, "Four months. Maybe more."

"When do you leave?" I ask as my hearts breaks a little. Sometimes I wish he wasn't touring so often. With their new album out though, it makes sense. It took them forever to come out with it in the first place.

"Tomorrow..."

I drop everything I was holding. Luckily, nothing broke or spilt.

Tomorrow? Really? So soon? Don't they give like a few weeks advance on this kind of stuff? They should if they don't. This is ridiculous. Does he have to leave so soon? For so long?

"I'm so sorry" He apologizes.

I bite my lip as the tears fall. Tony stand up and pulls me up out of the chair. Opening his arms, he engulfs me into a hug. I take his scent in. Lavender and cologne. Interesting combination for a man but I am in love with it. I'm going to miss it. I'm going to miss him.

"I love you so much darling" Tony says as he kisses the top of my head.

"I love you too, Turtle" I chuckle to attempt to lighten up the mood.

He sways us side to side. I giggle as he begins to sing our song, So Contagious. It's the same song Jaime sang for us at our wedding. Hold On Till May is another one of course but So Contagious is truly ours.

Could this be out of line?
To say you're the only one
Breaking me down like this

I join in with him and our voices mix perfectly.

You're the only one
I would take a shot on
Keep me hanging on
So Contagiously

We laugh and Tony brings our lips together. Even though he is leaving soon, I feel like if we stayed in this moment forever, he would never have to leave.

Sucks that isn't possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is short too. Its twice as long as the prologue but not quite a thousand words, sadly. I am going to try to make them much longer.

Love,
Chloe