Chapter 8: Blood Boils

Nicole's POV
*Next Morning*

I couldn't sleep last night. I honestly still feel horrible about the situation with poor little Daniella. I sigh as I stare at the ceiling. I think about the old memories that I wish would leave my haunted head. I think about how I relate to Daniella in so many ways. Except, I hope Andy won't ever do what my father did and I hope Freedom doesn't follow the footsteps of my mother.

I'm going crazy. It was just a very heated argument. Their healthy. It just scared Daniella. Everything little thing is going to be alright.

I roll over in the bed, expecting to see Tony sleeping soundly. However, he is not there. I raise an eyebrow before crawling out of the lonely bed. I put on a pair of sweats because he must of had the AC on high. I grab my pink Great America sweater as well. I check up on Daniella - who is fast asleep - before going downstairs. I here small voices coming from the kitchen.

I peak in from the corner. I move my hair away from my ear to be able to hear the conversation better.

I know, I'm eavesdropping. Oh well.

"No she has no idea." Tony says in a quiet gentle voice into the phone. "Stop being so freaked she won't find out." I can't hear the other line on the phone. "Don't worry, sweetie. I have been married to here for a few years now. I know that she won't find out until it is time."

I am about to scoff but them realize I can't. I do not want him to hear me.

Back to the point..

Who the hell was he talking to?!? He called them "sweetie"! He's only supposed to call me that! I swear if I ever get my hands on that bi-

"Aunty Nicole." I look down to see a glassy eyed Daniella.

"Yes, honey." I squat down to her size.

She engulfs me in a hug. I hug her back. I hear her whimper and feel her vibrations from my shoulder. Tony walks out of the kitchen, making anger rise up inside me. I ignore the feeling for the sake of Daniella.

"I'll go get some breakfast for us before Freedom comes." He tells me quietly in my ear, making me boil.

I just nod slightly and turn away. Daniella lets go of me and I wipe the tears running down her face. I give her a weak smile before standing up.

"I don't want to go home Aunty." She looks down to the floor with more tears in her eyes.

I sigh, "I know, baby. I'm so sorry about what happened. Just know everythi-"

"Daddy left." She interrupts me and I stand shocked.

"What?" I can't believe what I just heard.

"They started fighting last night." She begins the story. "Then daddy started drinking..."

*Daniella's Memory*

"Why don't you ever listen?" Mommy yelled loudly.

I sat on the couch, clutching my knees to my chest. I don't like when they fight. I closed my eyes and even then the tears still stained my cheeked. When was this going to be over?

"You're so fucking irritating! Do you ever shut up?" Dad screamed back.

His cursing scared me to death.

"If you don't like it, then why don't you just leave?" My head shot up when she said that. "I'd do better off without you anyway!"

"You know what?" My father's voice got a bit quieter. "I don't deserve this. I put a roof over your head. I make sure you guys have plenty of money and food. But what good is that? Nothing, right?" His sigh was loud.

"What good would it be if you died?" My mother started sobbing.

"I'm not going to die! Not yet!" He shouts, making me shake so suddenly.

"What about Daniella?" Mom growled furiously. "She can't live without a father! You're rarely even home as it is!"

"Dammit, Freedom! I love you guys for who you are! Why can't you do the same?" I think he wad crying as well.

"I-" Dad cut off mom.

"Forget it! I'm leaving!" His voice crescendoed as as he spoke.

"Andy!"

I saw them come out of the kitchen. I kept to myself and watched as my mother tried to keep dad home. It didn't work, however.

"Fuck this!" Daddy slammed the door behind him.

I felt the vibrations from the slam and it gave my goosebumps. My mom looked at me with tears before shaking her head. She went into her room. I bit my lip so hard I felt the blood taste in my mouth. That's when I decided to run out of the door.

My mother had always said I was just like my father anyway.

*End Of Daniella's Memory*

"Sweetie." I hug her again. "It is all going to be worked out. Trust me."

I hear the door open and Tony walks in. I feel my blood begin to boil within my skin. I take in a really loud, deep breath to try and calm myself down. I look away from him to do so.

"I brought back breakfast burgers from Carl's Jr." I see him set the food down in my peripheral vision. Honestly, I do not feel hungry but I need to eat for the sake of our baby.

How am I supposed to carry this baby if he's off with some other woman?

Maybe he's not.

It's pretty clear he is.

I accidently sigh very loudly, causing the two of them to stare at me. I cover it up with a very fake cough. I don't know how I am going to get through this day.

"Let's eat." I say awkwardly.

I sit down and force myself to eat one of the sandwhiches. Honestly, I can't even look at Tony without feeling angry and hurt. He better have a very good explanation for that call. If not, he better have a very good lie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short and sucks donkey balls. I have been very busy and lazy lately. Hopefully this sequel starts going somewhere.

Love,
Chloe