✨4✨: UNEXPECTED REQUEST (3)

'Has resulted'

That was what Marquez Ailan thought as he rode in the carriage on the way to the imperial palace with his faction, the emperor had sent for them, there was no unfinished business to discuss with them except for one thing.The Márquezes could be almost completely sure that the Emperor had called them about the matter of the Empress; That alone might be important enough to call him to the communication device late at night and ask him and his people to have a hearing first thing in the morning.

'Who are you interested in?'

That was the only thing that filled his thoughts at the moment, if it was about the empress the hearing was obvious that he had found a lady whom he wanted to marry, he wondered which of all it could have been. I still had some trepidation as to whether it was one of the ladies who had been adopted into their homes but if not, all I had to do was bribe the lady and her family after all, anything can be bought with money.

-My lord we have already reached the palace

His coachman informed him as they parked at the entrance of the palace, once he got off the carriage the other carriages of his allies managed to catch up.

And with the Márquez in front they entered the castle.

The nobles wore increasingly large smiles of satisfaction on their faces as they advanced towards the Emperor's private conference room, once in front of the dark wooden door a servant received them.

-His Majesty the Emperor, is waiting for you inside

The servant showed a respectful bow towards them before opening the door and leaving, the Marquez entered and bowed to Alberu.

-Salutations to the shining sun of the Roan Empire

-Greetings to his majesty the emperor

-Greetings to the sovereign of the Empire

One by one the nobles greeted him while they couldn't remove the smile from their faces, especially the Marquez who had a very obvious look of expectation even if he tried to hide it.Alberu could only chuckle at the scene.

'Have fun, this will be interesting'

He hadn't been wrong, all the nobles had the idea that he had sent them on business for the empress. I could see the greed on their faces as if they were saying 'We knew this would happen'. Did these nobles find him an easy emperor to handle?

Alberu breathed, he shouldn't be bothered by things like that anyway what he was going to say wasn't anything they imagined, or well... not exactly.

-Márquez Ailan thanked you for being able to come with all his people, since I have something very important to announce to you, and given the circumstances, he considered that the most appropriate thing was for his faction to know it first.