~ The Last Light ~

What do we need in order to defeat Pitch?

Believe.

We need to believe in ourselves, and we need those around us to believe in us too. For moral support, of course. But who is our number one believer in this world?

Jaime.

Jack and I don't talk much on our way to the kid's house. But the silence is far from uncomfortable, it's quite peaceful actually. No words can describe what's going on in our heads... and our hearts, so we stay quiet. A lot of the trip is full of that shy and flustered sort of eye contact that you share with only share with a certain person.

I can't help my smiling.

We arrive at Jaime's house and rest outside his window, watching him talk to a plush rabbit on his bed. "If you are real, then you have to prove it," he commands and both Jack and I's expressions fall. "Like, right now," Jaime specifies. Of course the non-living bunny doesn't move or say anything and the boy's face drops. "I've believed in you for a long time, okay? Like my whole life in fact," he picks up the toy and I look at Jack, not knowing what to do. "So you kind of owe me now," Jaime adds. "You don't have to do much. Just a little sign, so I know."

My friend and I can only stare as the animal doesn't move. "We gotta do something," I whisper.

"Anything," Jaime pleads at the bunny. "Anything at all." We have to watch as the hope fades from his eyes and his shoulders slouch, he discards the toy onto the floor. "I knew it."

Jack looks at me. "I think I have something in mind," he says and I nod, moving forward to open his window further. As Jack touches the glass, it frosts over and he draws an Easter Egg using his finger.

Jaime turns around when he hears his window creak open and gasps at the sight. "He's real," he murmurs to himself and I beam at my friend, now standing inside the room.

After Jack climbs inside, he starts drawing a bunny on the section above and it puts a lightbulb into my mind. "That gives me an idea, Jack," I say and then slowly begin materialising a small rabbit out of water.

Jaime just stares, his mouth wide open. "Ahh," my friend drawls and somehow develops the bunny he was drawing into a mystical frost. If it's even possible, Jaime's jaw drops even further.

We let loose the rabbits and they hop playfully around the room. Jack's leaves a trail of frost in its wake whilst mine slightly splashes Jaime at points. The three of us are laughing while the kid is jumping on his bed and smiling greatly at the two small creatures. I look at Jack and his chuckle comes to a content end. Then his expression changes and I see him look at my Innocent Water Rabbif (I'm naming it Iwr, pronounced ear, to just show how much this hurt me). Then he blows softly AND THE POOR RABBIT BURSTS INTO FALLING SNOW. I gape at him, completely offended and look to his Stupid Ice Rabbit (naming him Sir, cause we don't like those people called Sir). Without breaking eye contact, I point my index finger at the bunny and it too, erupts into a explosive cloud of water vapour.

The mist and snow fills the room with beautiful sparkles. Jack and I burst out laughing, completely forgetting where we are.

"Snow? And is that mist?" Jaime's soft voice questions, causing me to spin. I watch as a snowflake lands on his nose and his eyes widen. "Jack Frost," he states.

"He just said your name," I hush, repeatedly hitting my friend in the arm, completely flabbergasted.

"He just said...."Jack is at a utter loss of words, looking around the room and unable to comprehend this situation.

Jaime turns around and looks at my friend, "Jack Frost," he repeats, his expression full of absolute shock and admiration.

"But that's me!?" Jack exclaims, twisting to stare at me.