✾ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 25ᴛʜ✾

𝕯ecember 25th, Christmas Day

𝕯ecember 25th, Christmas Day. A day when young children wake their parents at five am, giddy and excited to open presents downstairs under the tree together, drinking hot chocolate, spending time with family, eating the delicious food and playing with toys. As you grow older, the magic of Christmas slowly fades and it doesn't seem as excitable, not the same it used to be when you were younger and everyone forever wishing to go back in time and relive the Christmases everyone dreams of.

Typically.

This is what typically happens.

For me instead, I still had my giddy child, waking me up at five am because he was far too excited. I groaned, feeling him shaking the bed with anticipation, his leg bouncing up and down, small giggles escaping his lips every couple of moments.

"Quit shaking the bloody bed" I mumbled tiredly, the boy having also kept me up late last night talking about the morning and everything he was going to do today. All in all, I had five hours sleep and it was already going to be a long day.

"I can't, don't you understand, Lunes. It's Christmas!" He grinned, sitting up abruptly and shooting out of the bed and over to the window, "And it's snowing!"

"Brilliant" I muttered, digging my face into the pillow more, bringing the covers up higher on my body to savour the warmth. "Come back" I huffed, stretching my arm out towards him, reaching for him. He hopped back over, sliding under the covers and opening his arms up for me. "Warm" I hummed, cuddling into his chest, the boy wrapping his arms around me tightly, kissing my head every couple of moments.

"I wolf you" He whispered, my lips twitching into a smile, my eyes rested closed.

"I wolf you" I returned, "Wait half an hour and I'll let you get up, okay?" I compromised, brushing my lips over his neck.

"Okay...but I do want to give you yours on our own first. Just you and me" He announced, using one hand to trail his fingers up and down my back, the other arm reaching out to his bedside cabinet, pulling a small wrapped box out of his drawer. He pulled me up, the both of us leaning on the back of the bed. "Merry Christmas, my love" He voiced softly, handing me the red papered gift.

"I love it"

"You haven't opened it, Elody"

"I already love it"

"Good" He chuckled, as I began un wrapping the gift, a small black box. I swallowed thickly, opening the box to reveal a dainty gold ring, with a red heart in the middle made out of ruby, my heart rate increasing rapidly. I felt my words caught in my throat, gazing down at the stunning ring before looking up at him, a nervous smile on his face, "I-its uh a promise ring, a-a promise to love you forever, no matter where we are, i'll always love you" He explained, my chocolate eyes softening and my heart bursting with love and adoration for the boy.