❀ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ❀

𝔍ames hides his smile behind his glass of water as his wife cradled their son in her arms whilst talking to his best friend

𝔍ames hides his smile behind his glass of water as his wife cradled their son in her arms whilst talking to his best friend. It's simple, but it made his heart soar, three of the people he cared most about in the world. Melody, Sirius and Harry. Of course, he loved his mum and dad, Remus, Regulus and Peter. He did, he loved everyone, James Potter had a heart of gold, but Melody, Sirius and Harry. It was them. Just them. He hummed, strolling out of the kitchen to pack up a bag for Harry as he was staying with his parents for the night.

""Don't stress yourself out over it, S, we'll get there" I told him as he placed his head in his hands as we sat at the kitchen, Harry laying fast asleep in my arms as James wandered around the house keeping himself busy.

"It- it has to be perfect" He breathed out, glancing down at the parchment, gnawing at his bottom lip, my lips twitching as he sighed, slipping his hand into his pocket and bringing out the black box, placing it down on the table as James came back in, collecting a few bottles from the cupboard.

"I don't know, do you not have some special place you like going to, or a song-" The bespectacled boy suggested, standing behind me, laying his hands on my shoulders.

"Prongs, not everyone is like you and M" He scoffed, James' eyebrows raising as he leaned around to me, a smile on my face as I gently rocked Harry, him winking at me and pouting his lips together as a kiss before standing up and making his way out of the room again, leaving us alone again.

"Sirius, look at me" I murmured, his soft gaze drifting from the ring box to my chocolatey eyes as I took hold of his hands, smiling at him reassuringly, "I'm going to help you, you can do it. Remmy will say yes no matter what you do, he's very much in love with you, has been since third year. He'll say yes"

"Third year?" He repeated, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion.

"When he got over James, yes"

"What?!" He yelled, wincing when Harry's face scrunched up, beginning to cry from the loud noise, my hand lifting up to flip him off, "Sorry, love"

"It's fine" I muttered, standing up and rocking him back and forth to settle him down, hopefully getting all the crying out before he goes to Monty and Mia's for the night, "Remmy had a crush on James in third year, only around a few weeks before he started on you-"

"Why wasn't it always me?!" He cried out, folding his arms over his chest, sulking as I sent him an incredulous look.

"He's in love with you"

"He could be in love with Prongs-"

"My husband. The father of my child. His brother in law. But no, you're right, he might he in love with him" I remarked, calming Harry down and sitting back down, Sirius holding his arms out, placing him over his shoulder, snuggling him, "Sirius, he loves you, i've never seen him with anyone like you before. It's you"