5 - The Rebels

I take a breathe in the sun and stretch my arms out. I really needed some fresh air. I don't know what happened to me inside there.
"So what do you think? How do they look?"
I knew she was going to ask me this.
"Uhm, they look cool. And seem funny"
"What about Yuri?"
Her eyes are betraying her. Oh oh, what do we have here? I grin.
"The non-stop talking guy you've tried to flirt with? Yeah, he's okay"
She hits my back.
"What?"
"I hate you!"
"Oh come on, we're no more teens. Go get him if you like him. I think he digs you too... and I mean, how could he not? You're stunning, and smart"
"You look beautiful too, I hope you could see that"
"Yeah..."
"And by the way, the other guy, John, he was totally captured by you."
If my heart could have jumped out of my chest, it would have right now. I am blocked, completely unable to move, maybe even breathe. "What..?"
"You didn't notice, as usual. But he never moved his eyes from you. He watched every single move you made."
I swallow. I cannot belive that. But I'm not going to jump at her throat to ask for more details, I said it myself: we're no more teens. I have to keep my mouth shut, and wait for the concert.
"Let's go eat something, shall we?" Shona suggests.
"Yeah" I suddenly remember about my original plan "I want to talk with the owner of this pub, I read he's from my country house's area"
"Let's do that!"

While we were eating a couple of sandwiches, George, the Plaza's owner, had some free time so he sat with us and gladly answered some of my questions. He sadly couldn't tell much cause he didn't spend too much time in that area, but from his family's stories, he knew that there was a famous painter named Jean that has been living in that place in the Middle Age. His grandmother had one of his paintings at home, he gave it to her ancestors to thank them for all the vegetables and eggs they used to gift him with. I showed George the medallion and the fortune teller's business card, but he couldn't say much, except that the fortune teller was still alive and working near my country house. I thanked him for his huge help, promising him to give his place a very great review everywhere I could, and started thinking about visiting the fortune teller as soon as possible.
I didn't mention this to Shona though.
"So basically that Elizabeth that is not you but someone from the Middle Age, had a love story with a painter? How cool! But wait, why was that letter in your house?"
"I have no idea, but I'll find out" I smile to my friend. "Let's go to the concert!"

The crowd was already filling the pub, beers and drinks were in everyone's hands. Even Shona took a couple, but I couldn't really hold mine cause I wanted to take photos. I took mostly of John, sadly. He's very photogenic. The power he has on stage, he's so captivating, much more than Yuri. I was right by the way: Yuri is the lead singer, John is the guitarist and second vocalist, Gummy is the bassist and Daniel is the drummer.
They all gave everything they had. The people were jumping, dancing and singing along, and girls were screaming so hard for each of the four guys, but in particular for Yuri and John, who actually flirted a lot with everyone, making me smile and shake my head many times.
I think he actually locked eyes with me a couple of times too and winked or tried to flirt, but I laughed back at him. My heart was feeling very warm, but I had to play along and pretend it was nothing: luckily whenever I am focused on photography, the rest of the world disappears and with them do even my fears.

After the guys ended the show, they came closer to us.
"So how did we do?" Yuri asked Shona, grabbing a drink from her hands.
"You did amazingly!" she was totally shining.
I looked at them for a little, while noticed Gummy and Daniel grab a beer eachand start talking with a couple of girls nearby. The moment I realized I was searching for John, I heard a deep voice behind my ear whispering "Wanna get out of here?"
I got immediate chills all over my body, but I nodded yes. A hand grabbed mine, and carried me away while no one else was looking at us. Or at least I hoped so.