4 - John

I slept until noon, when I was awaken by a message from Shona. 
"I have to interview a band, The Rebels, this afternoon. They will play at the Plaza pub tonight. Come with me, we can still chat about the letter."
It seems she's only bored and wants some company for the night, but it works for me: I didn't have plans, unless trying again at the library. If I remember well, the owner of that pub originates from the same area of my country house... it's worth a try.
I eat something and reach for my friend.

She's always so stunning. Her bronze skin is shining under the sunlight, her red short dress and denim jacket, together with her beige wedge heels, really complement her so well. I know I could dress the same way and look like I belong to another specie. Which I often feel like anyway. My leather jacket, my white t-shirt and tight denim pants, with my white sneakers, weren't probably a good choice for the evening ahead, I admit it, but still a comfortable one.
"Hey, finally!"
"Sorry! Here I am"
"Uhm..."
"What?"
"Nothing, I thought you would have dressed up a little for the concert!"
"Aren't they a rock band?" I mean, I am not totally off-topic!
"Yeah, okay... but still they are guys!"
Wait, is Shona here for something more than interviewing them?

We enter the pub, and go to a secluded room in which the guys are relaxing a bit before setting up the stage for the evening: I will take some photos, I am kinda good at it; I always liked photography, and I think Shona asked me to be here for this reason too. At least, I can say to Ben I have done something.
I take a look at the guys and I admit it, a couple of them look nice. Shona, Shona...
"Hi guys!" she yells.
"Oh hi darling! You're not alone this time..." 
A guy with long blond straight hair and blue eyes is checking me out weirdly. What the hell?!
"No, I'm not, Yuri"
Shona jumps in before I can say anything.
"She's Elizabeth, my colleague. She will take some pics!"
"Oh cool!" 
Yuri is hyped.
"Calm down, bro" 
Another guy, with short dark wavy hair over his temples, a very magnetic couple of dark eyes and a whole arm filled with tattoes, tries to block his friend. I would really say something but he... I don't know how to explain it, he is so charming I don't remember how to speak anymore. I feel like I am moved into another time and place, I feel like I.. already know him? My heart flutters. What is going on?! 
I have to get out of here, but I can't.
Shona is starting to set up the interview, and so I decide to take out my camera and hide behind it. It's my safe place after all.
Yuri is speaking a lot, I feel like he may be the singer? I don't really know much about this band to be honest, I listened to some of their songs on the radio, they're becoming famous, but I am not aware of the names and roles of the members.

"Well, the interview is ending, and we've not even intorduced ourselves to your friend!"
Yuri is really... weird? But after listening to him speaking about their story, I got he is much more than he shows, and that's understandable: they're artists, they cannot be totally themselves in public, they need to be a little bit more peculiar to stand out and in order to be liked by fans. They have to play a role too.
"I'm Yuri"
I nod "I got that" I say.
"Oh, so you can actually talk!"
I deserved this one, I admit that. "Yeah, I occasionally do"
He laughs.
"He's Gummy. He likes gummy bears, but his name is Fred" he points to a guy, with short red-dyed hair and dark eyes. I wave to the guy. He nods.
"He is Daniel" a bald guy with a huge beard, a Slipknot shirt and some tattoes mimics an "Hi".
"Hi Daniel"
"And he" my heart flutters, and I hope my face isn't turning red as a tomato "is John, our hearts' breaker"
Yeah, thanks Yuri, that's the info I needed. I pretend to not be fazed and I wave to him too. He winks at me. I might even die on the spot. Why do I feel like a teenager? Like the nerdy loser of the school, when the hot guy she has a huge crush on is turning to her by mistake.
I turn to Shona instead, as to ask her to get out of this place at least for a little. She probably reads my mind again.
"Well guys, we're going out for a bit, we'll let you set the stage. Maybe we'll take some photos, but I don't know. Act as if we're not here anyway! Thanks for your time!"
"It's been a pleasure, hottie!"
Yuri makes me remember about the huge beauty gap between my friend and me. I breathe out and take my stuff before going outside with her.