𝟎𝟏 | 𝐬𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

»»————- CHAPTER 01 ————-««

»»————-———————-————-««

Just before the summer of 1986 

     GEORGIE DENBROUGH HAD BEEN MISSING FOR A WHILE NOW. No one knew where he was and it crushed Bill the most. Did his parents miss Georgie? Yes. Did they do anything about his disappearance? No. That's what hurt Bill Denbrough. The lack of care. The unwillingness to do anything, to question anything. It's what he hated most about adults. 

     Everyday after Georgie disappeared he drove his bike past the sewer drain he had last been spotted by. At the same time, everyday, he biked past it. And he did so again, the afternoon before the last day of school. His friends had been pumped about tomorrow being the last day, but Bill only had one thing on the brain. 

     The brown haired boy drove to the Sewer Drain, just like he had everyday since is little brother went missing. He went, but it just like every other damn time before. There was no sign of Georgie. No sign of the thing that took him. It was quiet. And it was empty. 

     Bill sighed a long sigh and took a deep breath to stop himself from sobbing as he hurriedly got on his bike and went home. 

     Much later that night it was storming. A late night storm but it scared Bill. Georgie had gone missing during a storm after all. More than that though. The house was quiet. Too damn quiet. All Bill could hear was the rain and thunder outside and the sound of his own breathing. It put him on edge. His mother was asleep and his father was on a business trip and he wouldn't be back until midday tomorrow. 

     Bill made the decision to get out of bed and leave the house in the storm. 

     Maybe I'll go check the storm drain. Bill thinks as he puts on his shoes and rain coat before going into the garage. He took his bike out the back door into the pouring rain, careful not to wake his mother. Not that it mattered much. He was nearly positive his mother drugged herself to sleep these days. 

     Bill left and down the flooded roads towards the sewer drain, pedalling as fast as he possibly could, nearly slipping on the wet roads before he got the the drain. Bill dropped his bike and slowly approached the drain as rain fell, hitting the hood of his raincoat and soaked his hair and face as he approached, turning on his flashlight and shining it into the drain. 

     Rain poured around him, but there was nothing but water flooding the drain. "C-come on G-Georgie. W-Where are you?" Bill mumbled to himself as he turned away from the drain and went to grab his bike. As he did, he here a noise come from the drain. 

      No. Not a noise. A voice. 

     "Billy." 

      The sound of his brother whispering his name made Bill whip around and stare at the drain. 

     "Georgie?" Bill asked as he approached the drain again and squatted down the peer in. He looked around but still saw nothing. There was silence until the sound of splashing footsteps spooked Bill, making him jump and spin around quick, turning the flashlight onto a figure that stood behind him in the street. 

     Stood before Bill was a girl in a hospital gown. Her h/c-ed hair was different lengths on each side, one side when down to her lower chest while the other was cut at her shoulder. She was soaked in rain and yet there seemed to be permanent stains on her cheeks and she had dark bags under her eyes. She was thin, like she'd been starved for days. 

     The girl stared at Bill with sunken in eyes as she blinked fast to keep rain out of her eyes as she tried to see through the flashlight he had shine in her face. 

     That's when Bill met her.