𝟎𝟔 | 𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐯𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲

»»————- CHAPTER 06 ————-««
SUMMER OF 1986

»»————- CHAPTER 06 ————-««SUMMER OF 1986

»»————-———————-————-««

       THE LOSERS RUCKED UP A STAIRCASE TO GET TO BEN'S BEDROOM, interested in Ben's mystery and something fun to do. They were underwhelmed then they got there. The walls of Ben's room where covered in newspaper clippings and old documents that Twelve couldn't read. He also had missing people's posters all over, some Viv had seen around town, some she hadn't. 

         "Woah, woah, wow." Richie glanced at the papers taped to the wall. 

        Ben grinned. "Cool right?" 

        "No. No, nothing cool." Richie grumbled, he was underwhelmed by a lot and his comment made Ben's smile disappear. 

       "This is cool." Eddie says pointing to something on the desk before he paused. "Wait, no it's not." 

        "What is that?" Stan asked as Richie picked up the paper Eddie had pointed to. 

        "That? That's the charter for Derry township." Ben informed. 

       "Nerd alert!" Richie laughed, making fun of Ben who went unfazed. 

        "Actually, it's really pretty interesting. Derry started out as a beaver trapping camp." Ben says. 

        "Still is, am I right boisss?" Richie cackled, putting his hand up. Viv gives a confused look and everyone else just glared at him. The boy with glasses dropped his hand. 

        "Ninety one people signed the charter for Derry, but later that winter they all disappeared without a trace." Ben said and an uneasy feeling washed over the room. 

         "Gone?" Viv asked Ben. 

        "Gone." Ben nodded to the illiterate girl who frowned at his answer. 

        "The entire camp?" Eddie asked, leaning closer to the paper. 

      "There were rumors of Indians, but no sign of an attack. Everyone thought it was the plague or something. But it's like everyone woke up one day and left." Ben explained, he himself seemed confused by the information. "The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house." 

     "Jeezus." Eddie muttered as he back away from the things. 

     "Wh-where's the well h-house?" Bill asked, stepping over to where Richie held the charter. 

      "I don't know, somewhere in town I guess, why?" Ben asked. Bill didn't explain, he just made everyone agree to meet up with him at Bill place tomorrow, he had an idea.