chapter ten

- bokuto pov -

the gym doors opened to reveal two guys. they just stood there and we waited for them to do something more but they just stood there.

and breathed. they were breathing very heavily.

my eyes looked behind them and i noticed a girl standing there. she pushed herself between them and walked over to the karasuno team.

"so the stars are showing up fashionably late?" i heard kuroo say, but my eyes were stuck on the girl. "pisses me off. oh, but y/n? she doesn't piss me off."

"you know her?" i asked him.

"yeah, she was there when we had the practice match with karasuno." he answered. "she's nice girl. boosted yaku's ego really high."

my eyes returned to the volleyball game that was in progress before the interruption. we were near the end so it was over pretty quick.

i went over to akaashi when the game was done and joined him in examining the players from karasuno.

but i couldn't focus because my eyes trailed over to y/n who was staring at the new taller guy from nekoma. as if she could sense my gaze, her head turned to look at me.

her expression held confusion and a little surprise that someone was looking at her. i gave her a smile and she returned it with a tiny smile before turning back around to talk to one of the girls from their team.

"man, it's not fair karasuno has four girls and we can't even get one." someone from nekoma complained. "that one girl is really cute."

"which one?" i heard someone asked. i leaned back a little. not to eavesdrops. just curious.

"the one who arrived late." i was totally eavesdropping.

"yeah.. and the one with glasses is really pretty. do you think we should go talk to them later?"

"yeah, sounds like a plan!"

"they're gonna get rejected." kuroo scoffed and shook his head. i looked to my left and saw that he was also eavesdropping their conversation.

"how do you know?"

"i'm predicting the future."

~~~

i heard from someone on the other team that they did indeed get rejected. i'm half tempted to go to kuroo and ask him every question i have relating to my future.

my soulmate is on the top of that list.

"dude." kuroo came out of the room he was staying in. "did you hear the guys got turned down by the girls from karasuno?"

"yeah, and you're all like.." i stopped to find the correct word. "a look into the future person." i couldn't find the right word.

"a seer?" a voice came from behind me and i turned around to see who it was. there was a girl, y/n from earlier today along with a guy with light brown hair. "hi." she looked up at me and i couldn't help but stare back at her. "sorry to cut in like that, just thought you might need the word."