Chapter 1

The passing by of the ocean beneath, with the sun reflecting upon its surface like a mirror, went on for miles, no land, just mass and mass of water, 'Caden sat there looking through the small egg-shaped window on the plane, praying that soon he would see something other than water, it was one of his biggest fears, apart from that, he was a rather brave guy, nothing usually scared him, yes he was quiet and locked away from most of the world, but he wasn't a kind of guy you would sneak up on and get a reaction from, apart from his usual blank expression, he only smiled when someone is actually funny, and not a smile that last for a minute, it was one of those smiles where you would lift the corners of your lips for a quick second and then back to it normal form.

"Are you going to at least pretend you're excited?" came 'Daniel, he was sitting there on the other seat, sometimes he just wishes that his best friend would cut the emo phase and loosen up a bit, but even he knew it was impossible, they've been best friends since middle school and not once had he been able to get 'Caden out from his shell, Daniel would feel likes its Christmas and he's opening presents when Caden uses over five words in a sentence. Caden just looked over to his best friend and give him a sheepish look, he wasn't the best at words, "I am" he claims and Daniel gave him a look of disbelieve, "Cadie, just- just try to open up okay, we're going to collage, i just want you to be happy" Daniel tried to reason, and Caden gave him a light nod, "I will" he states going back to looking out the window.

A few hours later, they were hailing down a cab at the airport after departing the plane, both of the boy got exhausted from sitting in the uncomfortable leather seats for about six hours and counting, but finally they both got a cab and got taken to their new apartment, it was beautiful; the building stood in between a line of other buildings and apartments, and from the looks of it, they both loved it. "Well, welcome to our new home for the next few years" Daniel said as they walked into their apartment, the first thing they saw was the living room and kitchen, which were only separated by a waist-high wall, but the boys already knew that since they saw photos of it when they were on their hunt for an apartment, it was perfect in both of their eyes.

"I'm going to find the rooms" Caden declared, not waiting for Daniel response as he took off in search, he already called dibs on the room they saw with the most windows, so he just needed to find it, after walking into two rooms that leads to a bathroom and an office, he figured the bedrooms were the doors down the halls, Caden let out a sigh when he stepped into the right room, putting his suitcase on the bed and walking over to the window, there wasn't much to see from where he stood, but he could still see the streets and other neighborhood buildings from there, he decided it was best for him to start unpacking.

—2 Days later—

"Well, I spoke to one of my friend and he said he got you a spot" Daniel says walking through the door and into the living room where Caden currently sat, he looked up at his best friend turning away from his computer screen, "where?" he asked, Caden's been job hunting since back in New York but have had no luck, luckily Daniel is internet buddies with a guy and he agreed to help him with the search, "I don't know Caden, Kit Cor- Ket- No" Daniel tried to remember the name of the company which 'Norden his internet friend told him but to no avail, "I'll give him a call later, he still has to send the details" Daniel said as he walks into the kitchen, grabbing a soda from the fridge, "Thank you" Caden said going back to his computer screen.

In just a few days they would start college since they arrived a week early to get settled in, Caden wasn't too excited, he went over the option to just do online studies instead of flying all the way to Las Vegas, but Daniel was his best friend and he couldn't ditch him because he wasn't a socialist, even though Caden might not act it out, he loves his best friend very much, how could he not? Daniel has always been there from him, they were quite the duo, a socially awkward 21-year-old and a 21-year-old socialist, looking at it, they were quite the opposite of each other, Daniel who is tall and skinny with curly black hair, and his chocolate complexion, against Caden, his brown wavy hair and leaned build, and pale complexion, but it's their differences that made them inseparable.

"What are you doing on that thing so long?" Daniel exaggerate as he step back into the living room where he left his best friend a few hours ago, only to come and find him in the same position, "world domination" Caden smirked at a graining Daniel, "oh really, hopefully when your plan becomes successful, you'd spare me, you know, since I'm too hot to die" Daniel dramatically flipped his curls that fell all around his head, and flopped down next to Caden, "you give yourself too much credit" Caden teased and Daniel face was filled with pure shock, "how dare you" he jumped on his best friend and poke him in the sides, Caden squirmed out of Daniel's grip and hugged him, "thank you", Daniel was taken back by the sudden affection Caden was giving, but didn't question it, and as if Caden could read his mind, he answered Daniels unasked question, "I really needed that, mom has been blowing up my email" just the mention of the word mom from Caden's lips and Daniel already knew what was up.

"She's asking you to go back?" Daniel questioned even though he already knew the answer to his question, "yeah" Caden sighed and look back down to his computer, "she really takes me for a fool, doesn she?" Caden exhaled loudly, "you need to move past her tricks Caden, she's never going to change" Daniel states a fact, patting Caden on the shoulder before standing up, "so what would you like for dinner- We got, Bread and jam, or———-Jam and Bread" Daniel chuckled and walked into the kitchen, "Here" Caden says, but Daniel wasn't sure why he said that so he turned to look at the boy in the living room who was opening his wallet and standing, "grab some milk and cheese" he walked over to Daniel handing him the $50 bill, "ou, I see where this is going" Daniel gave Caden a quick hug before grabbing his coat by the door and exiting the apartment.

Once Daniel returned he walked into the apartment filled with flavors in the air, "bloody hell it smells good in here" he walked into the kitchen setting down the grocery bag on the kitchen counter, Caden could hear the glass bottle hit the marble and gave his best friend a quick loop side smile, "I'm your best friend, milk and cheese don't cost $50 , it was easy to understand your way of saying you want alcohol" and Caden was grateful Daniel understood his message.