Chapter 1

Year 4

I knocked on the front door to the manor wearily before I finally just stuck my head inside the front door with a welcome. I glanced around the empty foyer before I took it upon myself to just let myself in.

"Hello?" I called out as I continued looking around. "Drake?" No response. It wasn't as though I was confused about where I was— I had been here numerous times in my life.

Draco was my oldest friend of course, being that both of our castle like homes were in Wiltshire and just a short walk away from each other— and by short walk, I mean just across the street. We'd grown up together our entire lives, and our fathers were very close; collecting dark artifacts together and drinking scotch on their back porches in their free time. I guess that's what guys do.

"Drake?" I called out again, hoping he'd meet me down here already so we could get started on our final day of the summer vacation— we had it all planned out.

First, an early afternoon swim in his pool. Followed by a trip to Diagon Alley where we would collect all of our school supplies, do some shopping, get a bite to eat and some ice cream (all of the important stuff). Then a late night hangout in his bedroom before I went back home to get ready for the Hogwarts Express' departure in the morning.

I walked down the hallway slowly towards his living room, hoping that I'd be able to find anybody who'd inform me where he was. He was too hyperactive to be in his room at this hour, so I figured he was up and about doing Merlin knows what to keep himself entertained. The only bad part was that the only other people would would be around here were his parents, and they could've been anywhere.

Well, maybe not the only people.

"Have you seen Draco? We're supposed to hang out today." I asked one of the house-elves as they passed me shyly.

"'Fraid not, Miss Prince." They said awkwardly. "I heard Master speak of playing a bit of ball outside. Quidditch, if I recall." She mumbled, eyeing me like I would punt her across the room at any second while she pulled on his bandaged fingers.

"Oh, sod off, Peesy. How many times have you been told not to spread information? Good or bad. A horrendous excuse for an elf. I should've taken you out with me years ago." The portrait of Draco's grandfather scolded her, and her eyes nearly popped out of her damn head as she stared up at him out of fear.

I gave her an awkward smile and nodded once before I gave her a short, "thanks." I made my way to the back of the house and pulled the glass double doors to the back porch open.

A small quidditch pitch sat in the middle of the giant field behind the house. I loved quidditch just as much as the next gal, but not enough to have my father install a pitch in our backyard. However, when you're rich and magical, you can have just about anything your heart desires, and whatever Draco wants, he gets. Even from me.

"Aye, ferret boy!" I shouted loudly, causing Draco to slow down on his broom and his devilish smile to fall from his lips as he noticed me on the porch. "What about me?! Helloooo!" I teased as I crossed my arms. He looked at his father, Lucius, who was on the opposing broom before he looked back at me.

"What about you, Prince Charming?" Draco spat back, teasing me for my last name while he narrowed his eyes into slits. "Can't you see I'm busy?" He sneered. His father chuckled once at us before he made his way to the ground, knowing Draco would give in within the next few seconds.

"Draco," I said warningly. "I'm not going to sit around here forever! I'll just go home if you don't want to hang out and you want to cancel our plans," I said flatly as I uncrossed my arms and returned to the back door. I walked through the manor slowly, before I was was pulled into one of the smaller hallways to the side.