Chapter 6

"You're doing it again." I mumbled, putting a few more drops of Neem oil in my cauldron. Draco's smirk didn't leave his face as he stared at the girl across the room.

She was stunning. Her darker complexion making her skin seem flawless, like there wasn't a single imperfection to find. Her long black hair stopped above her waist. Her cheeks were flooded with blush as she stared back at him with a smile.

"Doing what again?" He mumbled, sending the other girl a wink. I let out a sigh and turned my attention back to my potion.

"Goggling at that girl." I stated shortly. Draco didn't say anything else as he started writing on a piece of parchment. He folded it to look like a bird and threw it across the room discreetly to the girl.

"I'm not goggling." He argued, finally turning back to watch as I worked on our potion. While he flirts with other girls, I make sure he passes his classes. Absolutely pathetic.

"You were, too, mate!" Blaise laughed. "Is she the one you ran after the other night when... we... what? Why are you telling me to shut up?" Blaise asked with his face crinkled up. I could see Draco frantically mouthing something to him out of my peripheral vision and shook my head to myself.

"I'm shocked you're able to keep them straight, B. I figured Draco's list of slags would be hard to keep up with by now." I said flatly, keeping a straight face as I did my work.

"Believe me, it is." Blaise sighed.

"Alright, that's enough-"

"This one is unforgettable though." Blaise chuckled as he cut Draco's voice off. "You had him so pissed off after the Goblet of Fire ceremony, he found one of the first pretty girls his eyes could find in the corridor and took her to a bloody broom closet to, what were your words, 'relieve some steam'," Blaise howled as he looked at Draco.

After the ceremony. While I was crying hysterically in the trophy room to Potter of all blokes. Before I sprinted to his room for comfort. He ran off with someone else.

The entire bottle of onion juice that I held in my hands had slipped from my grasp as I stared blankly at the table. It fell into the cauldron, causing it to shake violently. Sure enough, the entire thing exploded, shooting the potion everywhere and landing all over me. But my body still didn't move. It stood frozen in place.

Draco cursed loudly and tried wiping himself off. Blaise wiped it from his eyes while Vincent and Gregory laughed at the mess and at me for 'being such a klutz.' And I just stood there. Soaked to the bone in potion ingredients from head to toe and feeling empty.

"Emelia, are you okay?" A girl's voice asked behind me, but I didn't respond. "Professor." They called out. Snape appeared next to me and snapped his fingers in front of my frozen face.

"She's been a bit out of sorts since the ceremony, no?" Snape asked Draco who stood next to me, covered just as badly in the potion from sitting so close.

"Yes. But she's never been like this. Just tired and sad." Draco confirmed, annoyance dripping with his words. "What's gotten into you?!" He asked harshly as my gaze stayed on the table. Draco waved his hand in front of my face to break my trance before he moved my chin to look at him. "Emmy? What is wrong with you?" Draco asked impatiently.

I didn't answer. I didn't want to speak to him. I didn't want to look at him. I didn't want him. I was done. My feelings felt like they had been lit on fire and left to burn slowly so the pain would be unbearable.

He was my friend. My best friend. Nothing more. He didn't want anything more. He didn't want me. I had to move on. I'm promising myself now, I'm going to move on.