One

Awakening

Awakening

︎▪︎▪︎☆☆▪︎▪︎

2010 Present Time

"Damon, for the last time I can't do things on command" Bonnie tells the raven haired vampire on the phone as she looks at her grimoire. Last night, Bonnie had a dream about a man in a cave who was in pain.

"What's the point of being a witch if you can't conjure up things?" Damon says rolling his eyes.

"Do you still need me to open the coffin that Mikael is in?"

"What do you think, witchy?"

"You know for someone who needs help, you need to learn to ask politely."

Damon sighs frustratingly, "Bonnie, will you help wake up Mikael?"

"Yes, I will help. Take the coffin to your family's mausoleum, I'll be there soon."

Bonnie hangs up the phone before he could respond. She looks through her grimoire looking to see if there is some type of dream spell. Bonnie felt a sudden shiver down her spine like if someone was watching her. Suddenly, a book falls from one of the shelves and opens to a page.

'Insight spell' Bonnie reads from the page. "What would I need an insight spell for?" Bonnie says to herself before closing the book and heads out the door to meet Damon.

▪︎▪︎☆☆▪︎▪︎

"Hey, Bonnie. Thanks for doing this" Elena said as Bonnie walks inside the mausoleum.

"No problem. When it comes to save to your life, I'll do anything I can" Bonnie said as she looks at her best friend.

"You ready, Bon Bon?" Damon said as he walks inside the mausoleum and stands next the coffin.

Bonnie nods her head making Damon left the coffin open to see an desiccated Mikael who's all chained up. "I tried to rip the chains off but it's spelled to stay on him."

"Give me a few minutes" Bonnie as she looked through the grimoire. "Is Rebekah agreeing to help us?"

"Yeah. After I told her what Klaus did to their mother, she seemed pretty on board to get revenge on him" Elena explained.

"Hopefully, she doesn't back out. This is our one shot" Bonnie tells her best friend and the raven haired vampire. Bonnie finds the spell, "Got it."

Bonnie looks down at Mikael placing her hands on his chest. She nods her head at Damon and Elena for reassurance that she can do it then begins to chant the spell not knowing that a shadow behind her was chanting a different spell. After a few minutes the chains break apart as Mikael's skin turns back to normal.

Unknown to them that as Mikael slowly wakes up, not too far from Mystic Falls in an hidden cave there is a man awakening from his deep sleep.

Mikael's eyes shot open making Bonnie step back from him.

The man in the cave opens his eyes to see darkness, he places his hands on the hard surface to feel wood knows that he is in a coffin. He punches the wooden surface making the top of the coffin fly off. A man with dirty blonde hair comes out the coffin looking around the cave. Memories of that night flashes through his head making him yell out a roaring scream.

Bonnie and Damon hear the scream making them clutch their head in pain.

Even Klaus who is in Portland hears the scream and clutches his head, "What the bloody hell was that?"

"What was that, Bonnie?" Damon asks the teenage witch who looks tired. Everyone supernatural except Mikael heard the man's painful scream.

"I don't know. But whatever it was, it's angry" Bonnie said before looking at Mikael who was beginning to sit up. "Do you know why we woke you up?"

"I'm assuming it's something to do with my children" Mikael says as he slowly sat up.

"Yes. How would you feel about killing Klaus?" Elena said to the older vampire making him smirk.

"I'm listening."

▪︎▪︎☆☆▪︎▪︎

Somewhere in Virginia a man walks around the woods until he sees a group of people putting their tents up. "Hey" Jardani's raspy voice erupted making the people look at him worried.

"You alright?" One of the girls asked him after noticing his old clothes with a dried up blood stain. "Do you need help?"

Jardani stumbles over to where they are making one of the men hold onto him to make sure that he doesn't fall. "Where am I?"

The man looks at Jardani confused, "Your in Virginia."

Jardani looks at his clothes, seeing how it's different. "What year is this?"

"It's 2010"

Jardani gasps in shock, for a thousand years he's been asleep in that cave, away from his wife and children.

"Call an ambulance" the same man said to another girl who nodded and took out her phone.

Jardani looks at the 4 people, "I'm sorry about this." They look at him in confusion before he held his hand up making them freeze in place. He mumbles a small spell and gets inside all their heads to learn everything he has missed. He sees the way how the world has changed before he sees the memories with their families making him smile sadly, wishing he was with his. He puts his hand down before turning to one of the men and looks into his eyes, "Take me the nearest town."

The man nods his head before turning and walks away with Jardani behind him. With a snap of his fingers, Jardani makes the rest of the people forget about what just happened. 'I'm coming, my loves' Jardani thought.