Thirteen

Invitations

▪︎▪︎☆☆▪︎▪︎

"Tell me that this isn't insane," Damon said to his friends as they looked at the invitations. "Why would the mother of the originals invite us to dinner?"

It was the early evening when everyone came back to the Salvatore house to discuss the invitations that they received from the Morningstar woman; Malena.

Alaric, Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, Damon, Matt, Tyler, and Stefan all received an invitation.

"I mean, it's pretty self-explanatory. "Dear Ms.Glibert and her friends, I would like to invite you all to dinner tomorrow night at the Morningstar mansion. I would like to discuss an agreement that could end in peace and no more bloodshed. Sincerely, Malena Morningstar said, " Elena recites the words on her invitation.

"Oh please, earlier she almost killed me and Damon at the grill," Stefan said as he looked at the paper in his hand. "I think it's a trap, and we shouldn't fall for it."

"I think we should go," Caroline said, making everyone look at her confused. "What?"

"Have you completely lost your mind?" Tyler asks her like she had two heads. "We can't take the bait."

"I agree with Caroline," Bonnie said. Caroline gently smiled at Bonnie, "If they were going to kill any of us, they would have the moment they have gotten their mother back."

"They're stalling," Matt said as he tossed his invitation on the small table.

"Or Malena is telling the truth," Caroline started her statement. "I mean, earlier you said that Malena told you herself that she doesn't want to hurt any of you two. And if she was going to kill you, she would have the moment she had her hands on you." Caroline said, looking at Stefan and Damon as she remembered when they told them about their encounter with Malena.

"She almost did try to kill me," Stefan said to Caroline.

"You did try to grab her," Damon added, making Stefan glare at him.

"Okay, that was bad on my part."

"So, what's the plan? Are we going?" Elena asked, wanting to know if they were going to see what Malena wanted.

Everyone looks at each other in uncertainty.

"We could take a vote," Bonnie suggested, which everyone nodded in agreement. "All for going to the dinner."

Bonnie, Caroline, Damon, Elena, and surprisingly, Tyler raised their hands for going to dinner.

"Really, Ty?" Matt asked his best friend in disbelief.

"What? We should at least hear what the mothership has to say," Tyler said to them.

"What about you, Ric?" Matt asks their teacher who has been sitting there quietly.

"I would say no to the dinner, but if it stops the fighting and killing, then I'm gonna have to say let's do it," Alaric says, agreeing with Tyler.

"Elena?"

"I agree with Tyler and Ric. If the Morningstar's were going to attack us, they would've already," Elena explained.