Chapter 18- Sour Patch kids

"Creepy

"Creepy." -Lorelai Grambs
(reference hide and seek: harry potter and the sorcerer's stone)

---

School was done for the day and I walked around the library while Ave and Jameson did something. They were talking about their letters from Tobias Hawthorne and looking under the dust covers of each hardbound. "Need some help?" I asked them but they shook their heads.

It seemed as if they didn't want my presence in there so I left. Too bad for them, I would've made a great book checker. "Where to?" Mike asked. I shrugged, "I want to roam around today."

My body was still feeling very stressed, I didn't know what to do. The sex scandal news was mixing in with me and my sister inheriting billions. I needed a place to think, a place to breath. I turned a corner and met eyes with Grayson. The air around us froze up, I wasn't going to do anything idiotic.

We avoided each others gazes as I walked past him, "Ms. Grambs." I heard his wretched voice call out. I stopped walking and turned to face him, "Yes?" I was going to be civil. I will be civil.

I heard some shuffling as Mike moved into a room to give us some privacy, the door kept ajar. "You did it, didn't you?" he started, unmoving. What the hell did he mean? "It depends on what you're talking about." I kept eye contact, I wasn't a wuss. "You set it up, the photographer, the article. It was all you." he accused.

I was surprised at how ballsy he was, considering he lacked them.

"You think I have enough power to pull something off like that?" I asked him in disbelief. I wanted him gone from my sight as fast as possible or I'd rip his head off, both of them. "You have the money." he said calmly, "You have the name." I retaliated.

I took a deep breath, "You may be lacking in funds but I'm highly sure there are still people out there willing to do anything for a Hawthorne for free. Your name means something, not because of your hard work but because of your grand father's, so go ahead and act entitled but just remember you won't have half of anything if it wasn't for Tobias Tattersall Hawthorne."

Grayson looked offended, good, he should be. "So what? It's not like your life is any better than mine." he retaliated to try and regain some of his ego. How pathetic, "You don't even know me." it's true. He doesn't know me at all. He doesn't know me like my sisters do.

"That's where you're wrong Ms. Grambs. I will know you, just as you said earlier. My last name still has meaning." he started walking towards me slowly, "Soon I'll know everything about you, I will reveal your intentions with my family. I will know about every single person in your life, your sisters, your father, your mother."