Chapter 16: Final Battle (Part 1)

"Well done! With this stupid User's sensitive data, we will impersonate Him and lie our way into His uncle's company's Operative System!" Nekari exclaimed with pride while Ajax was giving her the pen drive. "The multi-billion company the Hacker is interested in destroying. We will rule it with an iron fist. Ajax, you're amazing!"

They were standing in a large and partly empty storage room by the docks, hall B16. A huge, metallic sliding door was fully open beside them. Ajax's bike was parked by the nearest wall, still glowing in red and gold because he had just ridden there. Some ships were berthed nearby.

"Thank you."

"Much better than Pitt, to be honest." Her eyes widened with that remark while she toyed with the pen drive. She caressed her right cheek with it seductively.

"Glad to hear that." He smirked.

"FYI, I got rid of him only because he didn't trust my plan." She chuckled.

"What's your plan?"

"Well, isn't it obvious by now?" Her naughty smile paired well with the sensual swaying of her hips towards him. She caressed his jaw and chin with an index finger. "You, wonder boy."

His smirk grew wider. Although I wonder whether this is all there is. She got rid of her former teammate. Why not get rid of me when I'm no longer useful to her? When the job for the Hacker is done, I might need to keep my guard up.

"We will make a great team, you and me," she said with a deviant kind of sweetness in her voice. "The Hacker will be so proud of us! Infecting such a huge OS is no easy task. But glory is waiting for us, my cookie." 

She put the pen drive up in the air, high above her head, and admired it with a dreamy sigh. The multicoloured neon lights of the city reflected on its hard surface as if it was a precious gem.

"It's what I've always wanted: working in a large OS... and glory," he added with a dark kind of satisfaction while she was staring at the pen drive's beauty.

No, this is not my dream, you idiot!

Shut up, loser!

Ajax's mind battle was still unfinished, much to Viral Ajax's dissatisfaction.

"Is something wrong?" she asked him, turning her face to him.

"It's nothing," he lied while he tried to subdue the glitch in his eyes. I'll get this under control. You won't exist forever, good old Ajax. You're just a shadow of my past.

"Now, we just need to wait." She sighed.

"For what?"

"There's a shipment with an upload departing soon from this logistics facility. See that ship over there?" She pointed at the largest ship in front of her. It was secured by the docks with thick electric ropes.

"Yeah, the biology project upload ship?" Ajax read the label on the side of the ship where its ID was.

"Correct, my sweet cookie. Some stupid cargo workers are preparing the upload as we speak. They don't know we're here, about to hijack their ship and change their route to the digital counterpart of the interface to the User's uncle's company."

"So, they're unaware we're here."

"A-ha."

Ajax checked left and right. Despite there being other ships and boxes lying around, the place seemed deserted but for the biology project ship cargo workers.

"I knocked out their fellow workers a few nanos ago... with stealth and style," Nekari added with a sly smirk. "I've hidden their unconscious bodies in some boxes over there." She pointed vaguely towards the back of the large storage room they were in, where it was obvious that some boxes had been put there in a hurry and quite messily. "In a few seconds, these idiots will suffer the same fate."