Lady of the Lake

Emma, (Y/n), and Mary Margaret had all been tied up together, and were being forcefully dragged through the Enchanted Forest by Mulan while she and Aurora were on horseback. (Y/n)'s wrists were in extreme pain from the rope burn she was getting, and she had almost twisted an ankle nearly five times from the amount of rubble and debris that littered the ground all over the forests. When they came to a stop by a large body of water, Mary Margaret looked across to see a patch of land surrounded by rocky hills.

"What is this place?" she asked, and Mulan looked out at the land

"Our home," she said, and started the horses forward.

They walked across a long land bridge to reach the island, and once they reached the edge, they were released from the horse's pull, but their hands remained bound. Looking around, they saw multiple shack-like houses and towers for lookout. All around them were people who watched them warily as they did their daily business. Some of them even dropped what they were doing and stared at them in fear.

"It's like they're refugees," Emma said as they looked at the people around them, all of them backing away from them.

"We're survivors," Mulan stated from behind them.

Mary Margaret paused for a moment, before kicking Aurora in the stomach and pushing her away, shouting for (Y/n) and Emma to run. They tried to escape, but Mulan threw a projectile at Mary Margaret, hitting her in the back of the head and knocking her out on the ground. The twins stopped, looking back at their friend and racing back to wake her up. Rolling her over, they saw she was out cold.

"What the hell did you do?!" (Y/n) demanded, standing up from Mary Margaret's side to glare at Mulan.

"Take them to the pit," she only replied, and a group of sturdy men grabbed them and dragged them away.

They were pushed into an underground cell, much like a dungeon, and the last man dragged Mary Margaret in before throwing her on the ground. The twins both yelled at him before checking on her condition, trying once again to wake her up.

"Do you need help?" came a floating voice from the side.

Looking towards the shadows, all they saw was a dark figure standing there, looking down on them. "Who're you?" Emma asked warily.

"A friend," she replied, and walked forward towards the light. She had an aged face, and brown hair that was partially tied up in the back. What was weirdest was the fact that she had what appeared to be royal clothing on, gems and diamonds studded into the fabric. "My name is Cora."

"She was knocked out not too long ago," Emma said, directing Cora towards Mary Margaret. They set her up against the side of the cell as Cora checked her over. "You sure she's gonna be okay?"

"Don't worry. She'll be fine," Cora said, smiling up at (Y/n) and Emma. A flicker of... something burst in (Y/n)'s chest, and it wasn't good. Whoever this Cora was, (Y/n) did not trust her very easily.

"What is this place? Where are we?" Emma questioned as Cora stood, (Y/n) stepping out of her way slightly.

"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven," Cora explained as they looked up at the opening in the ceiling.

"Haven?" (Y/n) repeated, keeping beside Mary Margaret. "Haven from what?"

"The world's dangerous. What's left of it, anyway," Cora stated, leaving her answer open to (Y/n)'s interpretation. There had to be a reason Cora was down here.

"Well, they can't keep us down here. We didn't do anything wrong," Emma said.

"Neither did I."

"Then why are you here?" (Y/n) asked, less hospitable than Emma was being at the moment.