I

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"I can't believe I won't see you all summer" Kira whined throwing herself on Payton's bed "come with me" the blonde held up a black tank top "as if my mom would let me" Kira grumbled "you have my backup phone?" Kira questioned "yep right there" Payton pointed to her desk "you're a lifesaver" Kira smiled triumphantly holding up her phone "I know" Payton smiled shoving clothes into her bag "I'm late! We're late!" Lorelai burst into Payton's bedroom "mom what are you wearing?" Payton glanced at her mother who was dressed in a pink tie dye tank top and navy shorts "I packed all my clothes" Lorelai shrugged "you're a cowgirl now?" Payton questioned looking at the cowboy boots her mom was wearing "yee haw baby" Lorelai smiled "bye Kira" Payton waved to her best friend "bye pay" Kira waved watching the two blondes run down the stairs and hop into Lorelai's Jeep.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like, it's better than yours

"Oh! I love this song" Lorelai laughed turning up the volume "Damn right it's better than yours" Lorelai sang "I can teach you, but I have to charge" Payton joined in "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like, it's better than yours damn right it's better than yours I can teach you, but I have to charge" They sang together "oh man I love that song" Lorelai smiled before seeing a small coffee shop and turning around "ow. a little warning mom" Payton winced "sorry sorry" Lorelai shrugged "but this place has good coffee" Lorelai pointed to the little shop "forgiven" Payton jumped out of the car as soon as her mom parked.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Walking into the shop both Lorelai and Payton stopped in the entrance and smelt the air "Coffee" they both said in unison walking up to the counter "what can I get you?" The diner owner questioned "hello Lucas" Lorelai smiled evilly "oh great it's you" Luke grumbled "don't try and hide it Luke I know you look forward for my visit every summer" Lorelai smiled "mom I'm going to bother Jess" Payton told her mom before looking for the brooding teen "it's like looking in a mirror" Lorelai hummed happily "yeah Satan" Luke pointed at Lorelai "and Satan's spawn" he pointed towards the blonde who was bothering his nephew "oh Lucas you give the best compliments" Lorelai pretended to swoon "your coffee" Luke handed her two cups of coffee "Payton let's go!" Lorelai turned to her daughter "bye Jessie see ya at the bonfire" Payton waved "it's Jess!" He yelled "right" Payton nodded with fake enthusiasm. "I have never been more proud, daughter. you following in my footsteps " Lorelai laughed, wrapping her arm around Payton's shoulder.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"We're finally here" Lorelai jumped out of her Jeep "are we early?" Lorelai questioned looking at the drive way "have we ever been early?" Payton looked at her mom "good point" Lorelai smiled "ah! You're here" Susannah ran out and hugged Payton "you're so gorgeous" she squealed "oh Lor" Susannah hugged her best friend "about time you guys showed up" Steven muttered hugging Payton "yeah what took you so long?" Belly ran and hugged Payton practically shoving her brother out of the was "hi I missed you" Payton hugged the younger girl "I missed you too" Belly jumped "I have so much to tell you" Belly twirled Payton went to reply but someone grabbed her hand and she was twirled into a hug "hi jere" she laughed hugging the boy back "hey pay" Jeremiah smiled. Again Payton was pulled into a hug this one felt much different than all the other hugs she had gotten "hey Con" Payton muttered into the taller boys chest "hey Pay" Conrad smiled softly into the girls hair, stepping back Payton ignored the fluttery feeling in her chest

"Now that everyone is here I think it's time for a" Jeremiah smiled "a... belly flop!" Steven cheered, chasing after belly who was running away. The three boys carried belly to the backyard "one...two...three!" They threw belly into the pool "how's the water" Jeremiah laughed "I think I hurt my ankle" belly fake winced Conrad leaned down to help her before realising "I'm not falling for that" Conrad raised his hands "don't worry bells I got you" Payton laughed before pushing Conrad into the pool "really?!" Conrad laughed "sorry" Payton shrugged unapologetically "you're gonna get it" Conrad pulled himself out of the pool and chased the blonde into the house.
"Guys come on" Susannah laughed watching her son chase the blonde girl all throughout the house "you're getting water everywhere" laurel yelled "don't let him get you" Lorelai cheered on her daughter.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

First chapter! Lemme know what you think

- rose ✌️