III

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"Officers, thank you. It won't happen again, I can promise you that much." Laurel politely told the police officers "tell Mr. Fisher, the chief wants to set up a tee time when he's back in town" One of the officers told Laurel.

Payton was sitting on the floor leaning against Conrad's legs.

"Absolutely, sorry again for the trouble" Laurel apologised and led them out of the house.

"Prepare yourselves." Lorelai warned

"How could you be so irresponsible?" Laurel questioned "Mom, it wasn't a big deal. All right? Seriously. The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire" Steven told his mom "not a big deal" Laurel scoffed "yes" Steven answered "I would say getting picked up by the cops for underaged drinking Is a pretty big deal, Steven" Laurel snapped "were you guys smoking tonight?" Steven questioned.

"No"

"Yes"

"Lorelai" Laurel hissed "I mean no we weren't that's bad for you" Lorelai stumbled over her words "very bad" Lorelai smiled at her daughter

"Keep your voice down Susannah is asleep on the couch" Laurel yelled "Well, I wasn't yelling. Well, you-you-you guys-" He stuttered getting cut off by Jeremiah.  "Just so you know, Laurel , I didn't drink tonight. I was the D.D I swear"

She pointed at Conrad, "You're the oldest. What the hells gotten into you?" She turned to Belly, "And when did you leave the house without telling anyone? And what in the world are you wearing?"

"It's Taylor's" belly pulled Cam's sweater around herself more "and I was with Payton. Why am I the only one who's not allowed to go out?" Belly asked her mom

"It's not that your not allowed" Laurel started but Payton tuned all that out looking towards her mom with her best puppy dog eyes.

"Payton come on I'll talk to you upstairs" Lorelai caved "ok" Payton muttered following her mom up the stairs.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Sorry abt the short ass chapter but I had to physically force myself to write this -rose ✌️

-rose ✌️