FOURTEEN!

(a/n: this is my written apology for leaving u guys on a cliffhanger. pls forgive me. ok hopefully i'm forgiven, so here's the new chapter!! also YALL WERE AT 90K READS BRO. this is my first ever story i've written and published so it seriously means so so much to me <3)

evies pov:
i can see he's starting to get a little nervous with the question he's going to ask me. part of me is worried that he's gonna ask to call things off, but i also have a feeling he's gonna ask something wayyy different.

he shifts in his seat and looks at me.

i look deeply into his blue eyes. the moonlight shining through the car window reflects down on his tan smooth skin, making his eyes look like the brightest things on earth.

"evie you're my best friend, and i know we're a bit more than that now, but ever since i was 13 i realized that i wanted to be way more than your best friend. when you told me about some guy back home last summer i felt upset. i tried to get over you but nothing really happened. i started flirting with gigi this summer in hopes of getting over you since i thought you didn't feel the same, but my feelings for you just kept getting stronger" he pauses to take a breath of air.

"i could never really get over you. someone told me that you don't get over your first love, and i never really knew who my first love was. but then i realized, it's always been you. you've always been the one who was there for me, and the person who made me laugh the hardest. so what i'm trying to ask is, evie will you be my girlfriend?" he says nervously

my heart is literally POUNDING.

holy shit

"yes! of course jere!" i smile kissing him. he smiles into the kiss and he pulls back.

"hi girlfriend" he says

"hi boyfriend" i smile

he drives us back home and we walk inside holding hands. i seriously don't think i've ever been happier.

...

after coming home holding hands, we act like we don't see the fact EVERYONE is staring at us.

"sooo.. movie night?" susannah asks

"sure!" we all say

we all sit down on the large L shaped couch and my mom turns on ferris buellers day off

i sit next to jeremiah, stevens on jeremiahs other side, belly is in between conrad and steven, and the moms sit next to each other on the loveseat.

i lay my head on jeremiah's shoulder and snuggle up next to him. he puts his arm around me and pulls the blanket over us.

i see the moms smiling and slyly pointing at us whispering in each other's ears. i softly smile and keep watching the movie.

i must've fallen asleep because i open my eyes and see jeremiah carrying me up stairs

"hi" i smile

"morning sleepyhead, belly's already asleep in your bed so i can either bring you to my room or yours"

"whatever's easier" i say rubbing my eyes

he walks into his room and places me on his bed gently. he changes into pajama pants and crawls into bed next to me.

"so when are we gonna tell people?" i say quietly