TWENTY-FIVE!

(a/n: i just wanted to give you guys a little heads up, this story only has a few more chapters to come! i'm sorry it's ending but it's already really far in, and i'm just not really feeling the spark with this story anymore! plus school is starting up soon and i won't have the time to write. i appreciate you guys so so much and i NEVER expected to get over 200 HUNDRED THOUSAND READS?! that's insane!! thank you guys so so much for the love and support this story has gotten <3)

jeremiah's pov
im at the movies with my friends and i really have to go to the bathroom. it turned out that brady also had to go. i get up from my chair and start walking out of the room with brady. i accidentally leave my phone on my seat.

i come back from the bathroom i'm focused on figuring out what's going on in the movie.

i keep checking to see if i have any texts from evie but i don't.

uhhh

is she mad at me?

i open up my texts with her and start writing out a text.

me
evie are you mad at me?
you haven't texted me in like 3 hours and that's not like you

evie <3
are u joking lmfao

me
what?

evie <3
i texted you like half an hour ago
and you left me on read
i thought it was just bc your at the movies

me
bro what
i don't see any texts from you?

evie <3
*screenshot of her texts to him*

me
*screenshot of there not being any texts*

evie <3
wtf?
but it said you read them?

i call evie and we try to figure out what happened. that's when stella pulls me aside and tells me that she saw lily doing something on my phone.

i gasp

"what?" evie says from the phone

i look up at lily and see her laughing with tyler and poppy. acting so innocent. acting like she didn't delete the texts.

i explain what happened to evie and she looks pissed.

"are you gonna say anything to her?"

"what?" i say

"i asked if you're gonna say something to her."

"no?"

"are you fucking serious jeremiah?"

"excuse me?"

"jesus christ" she scoffs

"i'm sorry i don't want to get in a fight with her? i've known lily for so long and if i were to argue with her you know damn well it's gonna break up the friend group."

"but if aaron did that to you i would say something?"

"evie i'm not doing this right now"

"you know, i was gonna tell you that on the long weekend we're coming to stay with you guys. but i don't even know if im looking forward to that anymore"

that's when i feel a sting in my chest.

"what..?"

"goodnight, jeremiah." she hangs up the phone

fuck my life.

...

i wake up the next morning and head downstairs. i make myself breakfast while i keep checking to see if evie will text me.

do i text her?

i type out a million different things i could send to her, yet i never press the actual send button.

i turn off my phone and realize that i need to finish my history project for school.

...

it's now thursday and me and evie are doing okay, but it's definitely not the same. things are slightly awkward. things are going to be REALLY awkward tomorrow when she comes to stay with us.

i'm praying that things go well with her being here and that we can get closer again. i hate fighting with her.