TWENTY-SIX!

evies pov:
today was the day. steven had come back from college for this weekend and so had conrad. everyone was so excited, and don't get me wrong i was too. i was just scared for seeing jere. i hadn't told anyone about our fights and i don't know if he has. everyone still thinks we're this head over heels couple, yet we've been the opposite recently.

i'm currently sitting in the car while belly sits up front with my mom. steven is passed out with his head against the window.

the drive was only a few hours but to me, it felt like forever.

i open up spotify as i put in my airpods, and the first playlist i see is the one that i had made with jere.

as i'm scrolling through the playlist, i see that jere added a few more songs while i've been gone.

- ARE WE STILL FRIENDS? - tyler the creator

- space song - beach house

- you get me so high - the neighborhood

- dream girl - crisaunt

- Uuuu - steve lacy

- P.S i love you - paul partohap

- dance with me - beabadoobee

i notice myself smiling down at the phone as i play the songs he added and read through their lyrics.

all of the songs he added were about how much he likes me. i decide to shoot him a text since we haven't talked since yesterday.

me
jere ur adorable
i love the songs you added

jerebear
i was wondering when you'd notice!!

me
oh god
don't tell me they've been there for ages
and i didn't notice

jerebear
don't worry i added them like 2 days ago

me
okay good i was scared that i never noticed

jerebear
oh so you listen to our playlist often huh?

me
maybe..

jerebear
see! my music taste is good

me
no. you get good music from me
i added like majority of the songs anyways

jerebear
oh yeah u wanna bet?
check the playlist now

i look and see he added 3more songs so that way he had added more than me

me
two can play at that game

for the next 10 minutes we both add songs until we eventually quit. i decide to take a cat nap since we only had about 30 minutes left of the car ride.

i'm woken up by a text on my phone

jerebear
cute hoodie ;)

i look around and see our car pulling into the driveway. i look down at the my hoodie, and notice it's one of jeremiah's that i had stolen. i smile and unbuckle my seatbelt as my mom parks the car.

i get out and go hug susannah who comes running out of the house. she whispers something in my ear that makes me blush.

"he's missed you, a lot."

as i pull back from the hug i see jeremiah hugging my mom with a big smile on his face. which causes me to smile as well.

i see conrad walk down the pathway to the driveway and i go say hi to him

"hi connie" i smile as he pulls me into a hug

"hi ev" he pats my head

i turn around and that's when jeremiah and i look each other in the eye. we both try and keep straight faces, since technically we're having a rough patch, but we both break that by smiling at each other and walking over to one another.

he pulls me into a tight hug and rests his head on the top of mine. he picks me up and spins me around causing me to laugh and hit my hands on his back. he puts me down and leans in to whisper in my ear.

"that hoodie looks really good on you" he smirks and i smile walking to the trunk of the car.

jere grabs my bag from the trunk and we start walking inside.

"so susannah, what are the sleeping arrangements?"

"well, we have one guest bedroom and a pull out couch in the living room. it's safe to assume that you and jeremiah will probably stay in his room?"

i look up at jere and he's looking at his mom nodding.

"okay, and laurel and belly can take the guest room, and steven can take the pull out? or vise versa"

"i call the pull out!" steven says sticking his tongue out at belly

"i didn't want it anyways" she says rolling her eyes causing everyone to laugh

we all go and put our bags down somewhere. i sit down on jeremiah's queen sized bed and start to unlace my sneakers.

we sits down next to me and puts his head on my shoulder.

"i missed you" he says

"i miss you more, and i'm sorry about everything" i smile switching to the other shoe

"no, i am. i'm really sorry evie"

"i know you are jere. speaking of which, do i get to meet lily?" i laugh

"oh god i don't want to see that. plus i know you evie, you'd be all over me just to be petty and make her jealous" he chuckles

"okay and?! are you complaining?"

"no." he laughs

"exactly" i smile and kiss his cheek as i leave his bedroom