𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬

The fourth of July. One of Aurélie's favorite days of the year. Thankfully, everyone was on good terms, at the moment at least. Aurélie still hadn't talked to Nicole about her and Conrad's kiss.

"Yo, can I finish your milk?" Jeremiah asked Aurélie as they ate cereal while everyone was running around the Fisher house.

She smiled, "Sure," regretting it instantly seeing his milk mustache. "It's not giving Rooster, Jere. It's giving toddler energy."

Susannah then strutted into the room, "Remember girls, the deb ball dance practice is tomorrow, so you need to find escorts."

"I'm going with Cam, so it's just Aurélie. Sorry," Belly winced, sipping her matcha latte. Aurélie groaned, pulling at her hair.

Her first choice would be Conrad, but she knew that was a mess, and the only other person in mind was Jeremiah, who was also a mess.

"Oh my gosh, Laurel! Are you wearing makeup? It's so good!" Aurélie walked closer to her before heading back to her house to get ready.

She slipped on a pink top with some white jeans, and her pink dunk lows. Grabbing her phone from her dresser, she walked over to the Fishers, to rejoin the party.

...

"She's hot," Jeremiah said, looking out the window at Belly's dad's new girlfriend. Aurélie rolled her eyes, slapping his arm, "Dude."

"What? I'm just saying what everyone else was thinking?" He was right. She was really pretty.

When the parents walked back up to the door, Aurélie ran away with Conrad and Jeremiah, giving Belly and Steven a chance to meet her.

"Your mom really went all out this year," Aurélie whistles at the decorations outside. "I know, it's crazy," Jeremiah laughed.

Once all of the deb girls arrived, and everyone sat outside talking, Aurélie was by the hot tub with Jeremiah and Victoria. She seemed really nice, actually.

"Do you guys listen to SZA?" She asked them. Aurélie laughed, "I'm slightly offended that you even had to ask us."

Just for a second, her eyes drifted to see Nicole and Conrad in the pool. She cringed watching Conrad practically drool over her. It's not like she was jealous, she didn't think that at least.

She watched as they stood together, smiles on their faces. Finally having enough, she returned back to the conversation.

They spoke for a couple minutes more about music until Victoria excused herself. She wanted to go introduce herself to the Conklin family.

Jeremiah turned to Aurélie, "How have things been?" "You know, I think I'm over it. Like, obviously it's still shocking. I trusted him and he broke that," Aurélie talked with her hands.

"But I don't know, you being there for me, it's helpful," She smiled, Jeremiah returning it with a wide one.

"Well, I'm glad I could be helpful. It's hot out here, do you wanna come inside with me?" He nodded at her, and they got up to go in.

A few minutes later, they all sat around the island watching Victoria making the pomegranate margaritas she promised when she arrived.

"How'd you learn to make these?" Belly asked as the blender finished. "So, I actually spent a summer in this desert town in Texas called Marfa," She explained pouring the drinks into glasses.

"And there was this bar there that served these, and i told the bartender that I wouldn't leave until he showed me exactly how to make these."

"Can I have a sip?" Belly asked, pushing her luck. "Are your parents cool with that?" Victoria asked, looking at her. Belly threw her hands up, "Yeah, yeah no. They don't care."