Chapter 2- Just a quick trip to the store and more

.•♫•♬•♬•♫•.

(Name) walked down the streets, wearing his favorite jacket, sweatpants and sneakers. He just got back from his favorite bookstore and was coming back home to read his weekly manga.

'I should've brought more money, I was only able to buy 4 volumes...' he thought, holding the paper bag in his hands. 'At least I have some money for next time...'

He wasn't aware that a certain psychic was right behind him. Saiki just got back from getting the things he needs for his mom, buying some coffee jelly in the process. He didn't show any emotion when he saw (Name) but his presence had a relaxing aura, like he didn't have to interact or say a word to him.

That relaxing aura then went away in a snap once he heard a certain pretty girl's thoughts.

'Awh, he looks so alone... Poor thing, I should say hi and brighten his day!'

That certain pretty girl's thoughts was none other than Kokomi Teruhashi, one of the prettiest girls in PK Academy and his classmate. She's got every boy in their school gawking at her beauty and saying "oh wow!" to her, which catches a lot of attention.

Since Saiki didn't want attention, he quickly walked up to the otaku and placed a shoulder on (Name). He jumped a bit from the sudden greeting but calmed down once he saw Saiki.

'Dear God, Saiki... warn me next time..' he thought and waved. He slightly waved back and walked along with the otaku.

'Sorry (Name), but your my only escape route to get her away from me' Saiki thought as they stopped at an pedestrian traffic sign. They were about to turn at a corner until Teruhashi stopped them.

"Saiki, hi! I couldn't help but notice you looked sad!" Teruhashi greeted him, not noticing the (h/c) haired otaku standing beside Saiki.

'Perfect! Now he has a memory of me to cherish for the rest of his life! Not only did you get to be seen talking to the prettiest girl in school while out in public, she's the one that rushed over to you!' She thought, not taking her eyes off him.

'I bet you have fallen in love! That's okay, even though were on separate social levels, it's a natural response to my beauty! How else are you suppose to react to perfection?' She asked herself as Saiki politely bowed and left with (Name) tailing behind him. He looked behind him and frowned, very confused about the interaction.

'What was that all about? Teruhashi just stared at Saiki without saying anything else...' (Name) thought as he walked beside Saiki.

'Right... (Name) was so average looking that I forgot about him for a sec.. very impressive, even if he's an otaku' Saiki thought, hoping Teruhashi got the message that Saiki didn't want to be around her.

She didn't get it though.

"Saiki! Silly, you know it's not polite to ignore a girl!" Teruhashi came up to them again, giving him a "second chance" she believed. Saiki quickly swereved around her before she made contact with him.